Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2014, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 984 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am in a dog rescue and I am now in my 60s. I have a very close friend who would like to move with me from the Atlanta area. First of all, are there laws and regulations concerning pet ownership in the Spokane area? We are both retired. We would like to purchase a ranch (perhaps 2,500 sq. ft with a split bedroom plan) and perhaps about 1 acre of land or a bit less. I may still have a Pit Bull as well as two other dogs. She will have a Rottie and perhaps two other dogs. We would like to know what we can expect to pay for a nice, well maintained ranch home with some land, if this is even possible, and what the weather is like during all four seasons? We'd also appreciate knowing which specific areas in which we should look for housing. We're both in our mid 60s, so hospitals and quality medical care is also very important. What about TV stations and cable services? After living in Atlanta, we both agreed that just being able to leave our windows OPEN during the summer is so important. We HATE the heat and humidity here in Atlanta. Crime, we realize, is everywhere. Obviously, we would prefer to live in safer areas, but anywhere you go, there's bound to be some crime. I am originally from Chicago. I lived in the northwest suburbs all my life, so I did not experience the high crime found in the inner city. Real estate prices in the Chicago area are so expensive and real estate taxes are horribly high! Many Chicago politicians are serving time as we speak.

We will be free to go anywhere that has a reasonable cost of living, reasonable housing costs and sunny weather. We will not be limited by job availability. We were also looking at Eureka, California. If you have any other suggestions on where to look, please let me know. We would like to be within 30 to 45 minutes of a beach....if possible.

Any advice you may have would be sincerely appreciated! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!. ;-)

Sheila
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 10:20 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,561 times
Spokane.... beach.... 45 minutes....? Looked at a map recently?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:53 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Some people refer to lake front's as beaches. Perhaps that is what the OP is referring to?

Old 08-14-2014, 10:43 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Some people refer to lake front's as beaches. Perhaps that is what the OP is referring to?
We may never know, since they have not returned since the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of: