Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,844 times

Advertisements

Bring meds but get some good ones from the pharmacists - not off the shelf ones.[/quote]

Hi,

May I ask which meds from pharmacy worked?

My doctors tells me to use over the counter and they don't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 09:32 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,228,162 times
Speaking of Summers in Spokane --- when does this one start? Here it is mid-June and we wake up to temps in the 40s. And gray dreary clouds, day after day. This is becoming a year-round phenomenon. But of course, that's nothing new.

Spokane: near nature, near freezing. In June.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:06 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,687,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Speaking of Summers in Spokane --- when does this one start? Here it is mid-June and we wake up to temps in the 40s. And gray dreary clouds, day after day. This is becoming a year-round phenomenon. But of course, that's nothing new.

Spokane: near nature, near freezing. In June.
I keep wondering If we're in the same town.

Right now it's sunny with puffy white clouds scudding across a beautiful blue sky and 50 degrees at 8 am. A brisk breeze billowing my curtains and tinkling the windchimes on my back deck. Highs in the 60's today and it's been in the 70's the past several days.

Absolute perfection.

I loathed the 90's we had last week. If I wanted relentless sun and dry heat, I'd go back to Arizona.

Cheer up, July is coming and that's when it always seems to stay sunny and hot. When my daughter was married up on Green Bluff a few years back, we nixed a June wedding because the weather is too iffy.

After July 4th you're pretty much assured of sunny warm/hot weather till fall.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:30 PM

596 posts, read 425,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post

Right now it's sunny with puffy white clouds scudding across a beautiful blue sky and 50 degrees at 8 am. A brisk breeze billowing my curtains and tinkling the windchimes on my back deck. Highs in the 60's today and it's been in the 70's the past several days.

Absolute perfection.

I loathed the 90's we had last week. If I wanted relentless sun and dry heat, I'd go back to Arizona.

Cheer up, July is coming and that's when it always seems to stay sunny and hot. When my daughter was married up on Green Bluff a few years back, we nixed a June wedding because the weather is too iffy.

Yeledaf is the poster child for posting negative weather posts when the weather is off and then he disappears like a fart in the wind when its nice.

When we have great stretches of nice weather in November or March (he likes to make Spokane sound like the Yukon Territory from October to April in most of his posts, chicken little)...it's crickets from him.

Predictable, sometimes funny, and also a tad disingenuous at times.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Absolute perfection.

I hear you, and I am aware of the vast attitudinal difference between my dreary gray sky and your fluffy puffy little clouds and wind chimes (which I loathe, by the way). But complaining about the heat in summer? When we experience a minimum of five months of gray, frigid winter every year in Spokane? Give me a friggin break.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I hear you, and I am aware of the vast attitudinal difference between my dreary gray sky and your fluffy puffy little clouds and wind chimes (which I loathe, by the way). But complaining about the heat in summer? When we experience a minimum of five months of gray, frigid winter every year in Spokane? Give me a friggin break.
You are a professional curmudgeon.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:38 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,252,469 times
Just for you YEL'

... Freeze warning in effect from 1 am to 7 am PDT Wednesday...

The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a freeze
warning... which is in effect from 1 am to 7 am PDT Wednesday.

* Temperatures... pockets of low to mid 30s.

* Impacts... tender vegetation like tomatoes... peppers... and other
garden plants may be impacted by frost. Gardeners should cover
plants this evening.

* Locations... Deer Park... Springdale... Republic... Metaline
Falls... Priest Lake... Prichard... Moscow... Pullman... Cheney...
Davenport... outlying portions of the Spokane... Coeur D'Alene
Metro.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Just for you YEL'

... Freeze warning in effect from 1 am to 7 am PDT Wednesday...

The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a freeze
warning... which is in effect from 1 am to 7 am PDT Wednesday.

* Temperatures... pockets of low to mid 30s.

* Impacts... tender vegetation like tomatoes... peppers... and other
garden plants may be impacted by frost. Gardeners should cover
plants this evening.

* Locations... Deer Park... Springdale... Republic... Metaline
Falls... Priest Lake... Prichard... Moscow... Pullman... Cheney...
Davenport... outlying portions of the Spokane... Coeur D'Alene
Metro.
Damn. And I was going to sleep on the patio tonight.

Maybe my wife will cover me with a tarp.

Hope my neighbor's damn chimes don't tinkle all night long...

Old 06-15-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeledaf View Post
damn. And i was going to sleep on the patio tonight.

Maybe my wife will cover me with a tarp.

Hope my neighbor's damn chimes don't tinkle all night long...
Hope you stayed warm under that tarp, Yel. I locked down my windchimes just in case the sound carried over to the Manito area. (Grin)

Old 06-15-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Hope you stayed warm under that tarp, Yel. I locked down my windchimes just in case the sound carried over to the Manito area. (Grin)
Much obliged. I did hear some noise during the night, but it was just my teeth chattering.

I took them out, though, and all was well.

Then I woke up, and a damn squirrel had put them in and was grinning at me from a ponderosa branch.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area