Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:54 PM

67 posts, read 185,088 times

Advertisements

As mistyriver says, Audubon is indeed a nice area. The park is *great* and has free summertime concerts. That area is part of my regular walking route (for the past 14 years) and it's all pretty well kept up. I particularly like the area west of Northwest Blvd mainly because the houses are somewhat older and more interesting (to me) than to the east. If you keep going west of Audubon you'll quickly get to the river bluffs and those are very scenic. For newer construction+shopping I was thinking of the Mead area. There's not a lot in the way of views but there are plenty of hills and trees. It has a very suburban vibe which is quite the opposite of most of S. Hill and you'll find all kinds of mall-shopping opportunities out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 12:46 AM

206 posts, read 332,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHILJBHFLM View Post
Our home is in Denver, but we love what we have seen of WA so far. We are concerned about the long, wet winters and days on end with no sun in the Olympia area, so we are looking out east. I know Spokane is sunnier but has rough winters on occasion. I realize that opinions are subjective, but here are my questions:
If long winters with limited sun are a concern then why is Spokane on your radar? There's nothing "subjective" about the fact Spokane winters are just that....long, cold, snowy, cloudy/foggy, and dark. You might consider the Tri-Cities for milder winter conditions.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:21 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,248,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem22 View Post
There's nothing "subjective" about the fact Spokane winters are just that....long, cold, snowy, cloudy/foggy, and dark.
Ummm, how is there "nothing subjective" about those things? You just listed a bunch of adjectives that are all relative. Somewhere like Anchorage must be absolutely Hell on Earth, if Spokane has objectively terrible winters.

Or...maybe...it's completely subjective and that's just your opinion...?

Old 08-23-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
You just listed a bunch of adjectives that are all relative.
Adjectives clarify nouns and are routinely used by meteorologists (who analyze conditions) to describe weather to the lay person, but following your logic, their use of grammar renders the work completely subjective.

If you have data demonstrating Spokane winters are NOT generally in line with the adjectives previously employed, readers have to wonder why you're not referencing any of it.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:15 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,248,736 times
Quote:
Adjectives clarify nouns and are routinely used by meteorologists (who analyze conditions) to describe weather to the lay person, but following your logic, their use of grammar renders the work completely subjective.

If you have data demonstrating Spokane winters are NOT generally in line with the adjectives previously employed, readers have to wonder why you're not referencing any of it.

Saying that Spokane winters are long and dark means nothing to someone from Fairbanks, AK, or saying that Spokane winters are foggy means nothing to someone from San Francisco. So those terms are absolutely subjective - since people from those places would not agree with you.

There is a big difference between using adjectives as descriptors and saying that those adjectives are "not subjective". By definition, they are subjective, and you can't argue that away.

Yes. We get it. You have a need to show up on this board every few months and bash Spokane. Whatever. But your opinions aren't fact, no matter how you argue them.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Yes. We get it. You have a need to show up on this board every few months and bash Spokane. Whatever. But your opinions aren't fact, no matter how you argue them.
Who is "we." Are you speaking for someone other than yourself?

Old 08-26-2016, 05:27 PM

448 posts, read 805,066 times
Yes. We is nearly everyone that frequents the Spokane forum but you.

"We get it" is a very common English expression that implies a majority of people agreeing with you. It is *not* Freudian slip exposing PS90 as a member of the exclusive cult of real estate agents that you think are on here boosting Spokane to line their own pockets by selling overhyped hopes and dreams to the gullible city-data members who are unaware of the hellish horror that awaits them in Spokane.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:44 PM

596 posts, read 425,716 times
Quote:

Yep, he's speaking for me too and a lot of other people on this board.

Ditto what he said.

You speak for a lot less people.

Last edited by ScottPlake; 08-31-2016 at 02:06 PM..

Old 09-01-2016, 07:13 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,693,617 times
Quote:

ME. He's speaking for me too.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:27 AM

17 posts, read 15,598 times
Default @mistyriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I agree with Shado. We bought a home on the South Hill last Fall. Beautiful tree lined streets (ablaze with color in fall), wonderful old homes, gorgeous parks everywhere. Newer neighborhoods available too. We love it.
Hi, I'm actually looking for either a horse property of a house with some land and a close by boarding facility. I saw you mentioned a boarding stable. How is that are? What's the name of such stable? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area