Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 10:37 AM

5 posts, read 15,948 times

Advertisements

I might be moving to Spokane in the near future. For now at least I would be renting. I would prefer to be as close as possible to Whitworth Univ., but don't know much about the nearby area. Any advice or tips?

I am from a large city, Columbus, Ohio, and would prefer not to have to deal with a ton of traffic any longer.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 07:51 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,911,665 times
Homes and apartments in the Whitworth area are for the most part very nice. It's pretty far north, within the Mead school district, with well established neighborhoods. Many students live near the campus and walk to school. It's also close to shopping centers on Hwy 395 & Division. Will you be going to school at Whitworth?

Old 03-23-2008, 07:56 PM

30 posts, read 135,986 times
Default Whitworth area

Whitworth is in the middle of a pretty nice area. As far as traffic goes during rush hour it only take max 30 min to drive all the way across town. South of whitworth home values are on the lower end, north and east they are a little higher than average, go to the west you'll be by Spokane country club nice nice area

Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,166,449 times
I lived in the Waikiki area before I moved out of Spokane. It is a great area of town. It could be described as upper middle to high income, especially around Whitworth College. There is plenty of shopping near by and the bus stops right outside of the college, so you won't have to deal with traffic at all if you don't want to.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:54 AM

231 posts, read 1,081,473 times
As mentioned above, and if you use alternates to Division street for going north and south it saves quite a bit of time in terms of traffic to and from downtown. Overall, the area is nice and the campus is pretty with lots of nice trees and green space.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:26 PM

5 posts, read 15,948 times
Thanks for the replies. I would actually be working at Whitworth, but it's still very much up in the air. I have been driving 30 or more minutes to work for so long now, that I decided that if I got a new job and moved that I'm done with a long commute.

Good to know there are nice areas around the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area