U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 03:17 PM

72 posts, read 140,915 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what your husband's job opportunities are. You say he might be able to transfer to Spokane. You also mention Oklahoma.

I'm not a sun lover (though I've spent many years in Hawaii and in Southern California--the universe has a wicked sense of humor, doesn't it?)

You might be better off in, say, Bend OR. Or Reno, NV, which actually has a lot going for it, and the Sierras start right at the edge of town. They aren't at the top of my list, but it sounds like they might be at the top of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 354 times
I grew up in Spokane, then after a stint in the military moved to the 'wet' side of WA (Everett, Snohomish, Granite Falls) for over 30 years. My husband suffers from SAD and we decided to retire elsewhere and ended up in Northern Utah 12 miles out of Logan. Four distinct seasons, snow in winter but the sun is usually out.
Glorious springs, summers and falls. Logan is a university town, great recreational opportunities, driving distance easily to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. (drive time less than four hours) Wonderful parks in the south part of the state. It has a lot going for it.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:49 PM

6,160 posts, read 4,092,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
And the atomic bomb.
And the TC is the fastest growing metro in Washington State for 10 years running. Regulars should know I would chime in here! But in all seriousness, I agree Tri-Cities was built for business and commerce, and it is working. Additionally, there are plans for a new city (area) center near Columbia Center and the old Vista Field. If the plans are realized it will be a major step up in urbanity. (I know, snickers about that word in the Tri)...but atleast there seems to be a plan.

But back to the OP's question. Weather between Kalispell and Spokane is different to some extent, but if you are comparing them, the differences are not huge. Both get snow, both have coolish Springs, and rarely get exceedingly hot. Snowfall is greater in Kalispell. Temps are slightly warmer in Spokane due to being closer to the Pacific. And back to Tri-Cities just for a second here:

Average High in July...Tri-Cities 90, Spokane 84
Average High in January Tri-Cities 42, Spokane 35
Average Snowfall Tri-Cities 5 inches, Spokane 44 inches
Clear or Partly Cloudy days: Tri-Cities 242, Spokane 174

And I will be the first to admit that the Tri-Cities claim of 300 days of sunshine is pretty much bogus! I will also admit that this past February/March was even snowier than Spokane, though quite rare for the Columbia Basin.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 10-11-2019 at 10:25 PM..

Old 10-12-2019, 04:44 PM

19,678 posts, read 21,221,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
And the TC is the fastest growing metro in Washington State for 10 years running. Regulars should know I would chime in here! But in all seriousness, I agree Tri-Cities was built for business and commerce, and it is working. Additionally, there are plans for a new city (area) center near Columbia Center and the old Vista Field. If the plans are realized it will be a major step up in urbanity. (I know, snickers about that word in the Tri)...but atleast there seems to be a plan.

But back to the OP's question. Weather between Kalispell and Spokane is different to some extent, but if you are comparing them, the differences are not huge. Both get snow, both have coolish Springs, and rarely get exceedingly hot. Snowfall is greater in Kalispell. Temps are slightly warmer in Spokane due to being closer to the Pacific. And back to Tri-Cities just for a second here:

Average High in July...Tri-Cities 90, Spokane 84
Average High in January Tri-Cities 42, Spokane 35
Average Snowfall Tri-Cities 5 inches, Spokane 44 inches
Clear or Partly Cloudy days: Tri-Cities 242, Spokane 174

And I will be the first to admit that the Tri-Cities claim of 300 days of sunshine is pretty much bogus! I will also admit that this past February/March was even snowier than Spokane, though quite rare for the Columbia Basin.
<shrug> You want to live in a strip mall surrounded by narcoticos, be my guest. Sobre gustos no hay nada escrito.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
<shrug> You want to live in a strip mall surrounded by narcoticos, be my guest. Sobre gustos no hay nada escrito.
Incorrect generalization. I could say more...but what are you implying by posting that in Spanish? No, seriously, say what you really mean.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 10-12-2019 at 06:15 PM..

Old 10-12-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Incorrect generalization. I could say more...but what are you implying by posting that in Spanish? No, seriously, say what you really mean.
So, seriously...have you ever visited the Tri-Cities, amigo?

Last edited by Yeledaf; 10-12-2019 at 07:47 PM..

Old 10-12-2019, 08:13 PM

Duplicate deleted

Old 10-12-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
So, seriously...have you ever visited the Tri-Cities, amigo?
Have I ever visited the Tri-Cities? Yes, in fact I lived here from 1990-1996, and moved back in 2015. A quick look at my profile on every post and you would have known that. I currently do not "live in a strip mall", but a luxury condo on a golf course.

But thanks for posting a circle graph of Pasco, which is 1/3 of the Tri-Cities metro population. How you could take a post about weather between Montana and Washington and turn it into an argument about Spokane vs. Tri-Cities is beyond me.

It appears to me you have an issue with legal Mexicans. Atleast that is the perception I have by your earlier post.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 10-12-2019 at 08:28 PM..

Old 10-12-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Have I ever visited the Tri-Cities? Yes, in fact I lived here from 1990-1996, and moved back in 2015. A quick look at my profile on every post and you would have known that. I currently do not "live in a strip mall", but a luxury condo on a golf course.

But thanks for posting a circle graph of Pasco, which is 1/3 of the Tri-Cities metro population. How you could take a post about weather between Montana and Washington and turn it into an argument about Spokane vs. Tri-Cities is beyond me.

It appears to me you have an issue with legal Mexicans. Atleast that is the perception I have by your earlier post.
You started the argument, pal, not I. Your obsession with constantly taking offense makes you unworthy of my further attention.

さよなら

Old 10-12-2019, 10:43 PM

Exactly where did I start the argument? Please indicate which post that occurred. I posted about weather and you brought up Mexicans. Further, it was you who disparaged the Tri cities that had nothing to with weather. Lack of situational awareness on your part, pal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area