U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 02:35 PM

72 posts, read 140,928 times

Advertisements

I keep searching for a map that shows neighborhoods--and includes labels, boundaries, a major streets. I can't find anything. There are a number of images on Google, but they are all useless. Either they look like they were drawn with crayons, or they are labeled with color keys that think humans can distinguish between seven different shades of brown, or they are just shapes, with no indication of streets.

Am I just being boneheaded? There must be a decent map of neighborhoods out there somewhere. (Or even one hiding on this forum.)

Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 04:16 PM

996 posts, read 4,389,648 times
This is the grid map I use for finding places. I am hoping this link works on here! https://www.spokanerealtor.com/gridmap/spokane.html

Old 09-16-2019, 06:09 PM

4,997 posts, read 6,801,497 times
This one has all of the neighborhoods color coded and labeled.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...602393111&z=11

Old 09-16-2019, 09:54 PM

WendyK, that's an amazing map! Very useful indeed!

mistyriver, that's sort of what I was thinking of--so I can figure out things where things are when people toss around 'Rockwood' or 'Hilyard.'

Thank you both very much!

Old 09-17-2019, 10:21 AM

19,678 posts, read 21,226,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMinor View Post
WendyK, that's an amazing map! Very useful indeed!

mistyriver, that's sort of what I was thinking of--so I can figure out things where things are when people toss around 'Rockwood' or 'Hilyard.'

Thank you both very much!
Rockwood good

Hillyard bad

Old 09-17-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Rockwood good

Hillyard bad
HaHa! I'm a total newbie, but I'd gathered that much. I just couldn't figure out where they were!

As long as I've got you commenting on neighborhoods, what do you think of Browne's Addition? And Cliff-Cannon?

Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 AM

19,678 posts, read 21,226,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMinor View Post
HaHa! I'm a total newbie, but I'd gathered that much. I just couldn't figure out where they were!

As long as I've got you commenting on neighborhoods, what do you think of Browne's Addition? And Cliff-Cannon?
I’m not really qualified to comment with any level of real estate expertise, but Browne’s Addition seems more of a rental area of renovated older homes that have been converted to apartments/condos for younger folks. Parking can be a little tight, and snow removal often creates problems. Cliff-Cannon is a term that I am unfamiliar with (some of the other posters here might know more than I), but I assume it refers to part of the lower South Hill near Cliff Park. That area combines some very nice older homes with borderline shabby multi family buildings. In general, the farther south you look, the nicer that part of Spokane becomes.

Generally speaking, the 99203 and 99223 zip codes are preferred areas in the south side. Listings in those areas are snapped up very quickly. If you’re young and looking to buy, give some though to South Perry (in the 99202 zip code). Prices there are lower, and the homes often need work, but that neighborhood is transitioning upward in a hurry. Both of my sons (in their 30s) bought there a few years ago, and they and their families love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area