U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 08:45 PM

4,997 posts, read 6,801,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMinor View Post
No, but people use statistics out of context to lie all the time.
Please do tell how the statistics are being manipulated to “lie”.
Let me guess: You have a pit bull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 01:24 AM

7,473 posts, read 6,513,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Really?? Tell that to my Doberman, my husband, myself, and the 3 useless people with the pit bull.
OK, I'm telling your husband, yourself and the 3 useless people with the pit bull that Pit Bulls do not have jaws that "lock".

https://animalfarmfoundation.org/201...busting-facts/

Quote:
On of the most popular misconceptions about “pit bull” dogs is that they, unlike other dogs, lock their jaws.
Here’s the reality: According to Dr. I. Lehr Brisbin of the University of Georgia, no dog, of any breed or mix, has an anatomical structure in their jaw that functions as a locking mechanism.

Dr. Brisbin said:
“We found that the American pit bull terriers did not have any unique mechanism that would allow these dogs to lock their jaws.There were no mechanical or morphological differences. . .”
OKAY, BUT WHAT ABOUT THEIR BITING POWER?
The media and other outlets often say that “pit bull” dogs have a massive biting power measuring in the thousands of pounds of pressure per square inch (PSI).
As for my comment on Dobies:

The top 10 breeds of the 1970s were:

Poodle
German shepherd
Doberman pinscher
Beagle
Dachshund
Irish setter
Cocker spaniel
Miniature schnauzer
Labrador retriever
Collie

Dobies were everywhere and the same type of people who owned Dobies then are the same type of people that own Pits now. And it's not "SWJ"s who own Pits these days. Dobies are now around 15-20 in the most popular dog breeds and are now seemingly in the hands of responsible owners.

Last edited by eddie gein; 10-01-2019 at 01:51 AM..

Old 10-01-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
OK, I'm telling your husband, yourself and the 3 useless people with the pit bull that Pit Bulls do not have jaws that "lock".

https://animalfarmfoundation.org/201...busting-facts/

As for my comment on Dobies:

The top 10 breeds of the 1970s were:

Poodle
German shepherd
Doberman pinscher
Beagle
Dachshund
Irish setter
Cocker spaniel
Miniature schnauzer
Labrador retriever
Collie

Dobies were everywhere and the same type of people who owned Dobies then are the same type of people that own Pits now. And it's not "SWJ"s who own Pits these days. Dobies are now around 15-20 in the most popular dog breeds and are now seemingly in the hands of responsible owners.
I know their jaws don’t lock.
They still manage to do more damage than any other breed with their jaws and teeth and kill more people and pets.
Just a couple of days ago.

https://hamptonvapolice.org/canine-b...y-cfefbbc54754

Old 11-01-2019, 11:11 AM

Family living 'worst nightmare' after 4-year-boy killed by pit bull

https://www.today.com/parents/4-year...m_npd_td_fb_ma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or