Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:09 PM

64 posts, read 233,068 times

Advertisements

Why you ask? Well while the 4 seasons, generally nice people, good schools and the entrepreneurial flare of the city are nice, the main reason I love Spokane is that it is different. Take for example the article below. If a person from Spokane was to read this and really think that the reasons for not buying a home, applied to our outlook they would be making a huge mistake! Not only has the Spokane market not depreciating, it never has had a depreciating year since they started tracking the statistic in this market.

That said we aren't going to see double digit appreciation across the board like we did a few years ago, but we are way better off than almost the rest of the country.

Personally, I would reccommend if you are purchasing a house soon that you stay in it for 5+ years (based on LTV) and finance it through a fixed rate program. You never know what the future holds (job loss, injury, death etc) and when you are dealling with thousands of dollars you want to make sure your investment is a secure one.

Now go look for a home There is a GREAT inventory out there and it is definitely a buyers market. In my eyes it is a great time to buy! mod cut: soliciting removed

Poll: 60% of Americans say they won't buy a home soon : Nation & World : TCPalm (http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/apr/14/poll-60-americans-say-they-wont-buy-home-soon/ - broken link)

Last edited by scirocco22; 05-29-2008 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: Please do not solicit business ...also, copyright issues pasting article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 12:18 PM

930 posts, read 2,422,640 times
<crickets chirping>

ummm...I don't see a whole lotta people agreeing with you here.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:30 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
I love Spokane also although I don't live there. I'm quite sure I can't afford anything there anyway. I just bought a downtown storefront building with an apartment upstairs for less than most folks pay for a new car in Conrad Montana. Maybe when it's paid off I can afford to live in the Spokane area. I miss the view of the rapids from the foot bridge and the Old Spaghetti Factory, and all the great Mexican food. I think that maybe the R.E. market hasn't suffered as much there because the entire region has been under appreciated for years.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:42 PM

231 posts, read 1,081,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
<crickets chirping>

ummm...I don't see a whole lotta people agreeing with you here.
I don't think it is a lack of agreement so much as the fact that the post, and I could be wrong, comes across as more of a real estate sales pitch than just a post about liking Spokane. There are plenty of positive Spokane posts on the forum.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:25 PM

438 posts, read 1,796,345 times
Not to mention that the forum has been pretty quiet in general lately. Maybe with Spring peaking through, people have better things to do. :~) D

Old 06-10-2008, 09:26 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Yeah, Like watch it rain.

Or snow.

Spokane sucks so bad.....

Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Yeah, Like watch it rain.

Or snow.

Spokane sucks so bad.....
Oh Yeledaf - You need a hug! I'm sure all the folks suffering on the east coast with 90-100 temps would love our weather right now. And the people in the mid-west who have gone through tornadoes & flooding would tell us to quit complaining about a little rain and cool temperatures. It's not so bad - yes, a little unusual for this time of year, but it certainly could be MUCH WORSE!

Old 06-10-2008, 02:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
Oh Yeledaf - You need a hug! I'm sure all the folks suffering on the east coast with 90-100 temps would love our weather right now. And the people in the mid-west who have gone through tornadoes & flooding would tell us to quit complaining about a little rain and cool temperatures. It's not so bad - yes, a little unusual for this time of year, but it certainly could be MUCH WORSE!
I'd love to do a little 90 degree suffering.

Check the calendar lately? How much worse can it get than to be nine days from summer with snow in the air?

It says a lot about Spokane when the best its defenders can say is "Well, at least we're not having floods and tornados right now!"

Besides, the flooding was last week, remember?

Old 06-10-2008, 03:24 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,134 times
Current conditions for select cities °F | °C
City Current City Current
Aberdeen, WA 52° Mount Vernon, WA 54°
Bellevue, WA 55° Okanogan, WA 52°
Bellingham, WA 52° Olympia, WA 53°
Colville, WA 46° Pasco, WA 56°
Davenport, WA 43° Pomeroy, WA 43°
Dayton, WA 48° Pullman, WA 43°
Ellensburg, WA 59° Richland, WA 56°
Ephrata, WA 56° Ritzville, WA 46°
Everett, WA 52° Seattle, WA 55°
Federal Way, WA 55° Spokane, WA 44°
Goldendale, WA 52° Tacoma, WA 53°
Kennewick, WA 56° Vancouver, WA 56°
Lakewood, WA 52° Walla Walla, WA 48°
Longview, WA 55° Wenatchee, WA 54°
Moses Lake, WA 56° Yakima, WA 61°

It's not limited to just Spokane - it's all over Washington. Cooler than normal temperatures for June.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM

64 posts, read 233,068 times
Sorry that came off as a sales pitch. I cut and pasted it from another blog that I do. I didn't mean to include the phone number on it. Great way to make a first impression huh?

Anyway, I do love Spokane. I love how it is different than the rest of the country. I love how the people would rather spend money at a mom & pop store than a national chain. I love how it is family oriented and the people are generally nice. Yes there are always people that are not-so-nice, however, in the grand scheme of things I would rather be in Spokane than a lot of other places...Although I do agree that snow in June is a little ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area