Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 08:36 AM

87 posts, read 372,884 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,

We're still trying to decide which school district we'd like to be in, does anyone have any thoughts about the Deer Park schools? How do they compare to Mead or the Valley?

Also, does anyone know about Home Link? It sounds like it somehow works with homeschooled kids, but I can't find any info on how it actually works.

And finally, how long of a commute could you expect from the southern parts of Deer Park, to north Spokane, near Francis?

Any other insights about Deer Park would be appreciated too!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,213 times
I know your posting is old, just wanted to throw in my info incase someone else stumbles across this as well - My son is only 3 and just started preschool, but I can answer a few of your questions

- HomeLink - I looked in to this - call them, they're really helpful! Here's their website and info -
[url=http://homelink.dpsd.org/index.php]Deer Park Homelink[/url]

Commute - My fiance' actually worked on Francis for a few years, commuting from DP. Depending on traffic, and how far down/which way down Francis your coming from, it only took him about 25-40 minutes.

About DP - I moved here a few years ago from Seattle. I can't even tell you how much this transition has changed my life! Everything is great up here - the cost of living, the cheaper taxes, the hometown feel of actually knowing your neighbors and business owners, the wide streets and sidewalks, the LACK of TRAFFIC, and knowing you can have peacefull living just a few minutes outside of the big city of Spokane! I highly reccomend it!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
I don't live in WA (an hour away from Deer Park)but whay I wouldn't give to have had access to Deer Park's Home Link. It's absolutely wonderful. I have many, many friends who use it and it's the perfect thing for homeschooled kids.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:46 PM

221 posts, read 1,194,951 times
I have also heard nothing but the ravest of reviews about Deer Park's Home Link. I so hope we are able to get moved back up there soon so that we can use it with our 2 girls (4 yrs. and 3 mos.) A friend of mine who took part in it told me that no matter the distance you have to drive to get there...get there. It's so great.

As far as Deer Park public schools, I went there from 5th through 9th grade. They were good back then (mid to later 1980's). I am guessing they're still good now. I never hear any bad stuff about them. I loved growing up in Deer Park. My dad chose well in choosing a town to raise us kids. Thanks, Dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area