Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:56 PM

30 posts, read 92,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I'd like to challenge whit's imputation that I favor an "agrarian utopia" (though that would be a cool name for a town in Whitman County!). S/he has me mixed up with Jefferson and those other enlightenment dudes in wigs. I gave up on utopias back in the 1970s. And agrarians are aggravating.

There is no green thumb on these hands, though they are both, yes, fully opposable. Which is more than some other posters -- who shall remain nameless -- can claim.

Easy now.....and how did you know that I lost both of my thumbs in a freak hot tar accident while attempting some DIY pothole repair??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSnowMaker View Post
Easy now.....and how did you know that I lost both of my thumbs in a freak hot tar accident while attempting some DIY pothole repair??
LOL

Maryann, wheel that brand new Lexus in here right now, because I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!

Old 10-20-2011, 12:13 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Despite multiple posts about nasty consumerism and evil chain stores, some of you may be interested to know that Trader Joe's is opening Friday next week :

Trader Joe's to open Spokane store Oct. 28 - Spokesman.com - Sept. 7, 2011

Old 10-20-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Despite multiple posts about nasty consumerism and evil chain stores, some of you may be interested to know that Trader Joe's is opening Friday next week :

Trader Joe's to open Spokane store Oct. 28 - Spokesman.com - Sept. 7, 2011

MattFoley_La_Dee_frickin_Da.wmv - YouTube

Old 12-11-2011, 11:59 AM

39 posts, read 106,943 times
Back on topic: Seeing as how nobody has gotten back on here raving, I'd like to know who thinks TJ's is so great now that it's here. I have always had opportunity to shop in one (until I moved here) and never took it much beyond buying a couple bags of cookies. Their quantities are small and not everyone needs $2 bottles of wine or cheap flowers. The selection in the South Hill location makes a 7-11 look like a regular grocery store and where [i]can't[i] one find organic something or other these days??
I do understand that there's more to it (behind the label so-to-speak), but is that the real reason most people shop there? Probably not. I think it's more [i]about[i] the label and being able to say they got something there. Big whoop.
I feel like the folks at TJ's should have thought a little more about location and bought a bigger store front, especially after all the time people here have seemed to want one. People would be blown away at what they aren't getting compared to what other TJ's have to offer! I can't imagine coming from CdA or somewhere equally as far and finding the rinky-dink selection. What a disappointment it would be to me.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriwithaK View Post
Back on topic: Seeing as how nobody has gotten back on here raving, I'd like to know who thinks TJ's is so great now that it's here. I have always had opportunity to shop in one (until I moved here) and never took it much beyond buying a couple bags of cookies. Their quantities are small and not everyone needs $2 bottles of wine or cheap flowers. The selection in the South Hill location makes a 7-11 look like a regular grocery store and where [i]can't[i] one find organic something or other these days??
I do understand that there's more to it (behind the label so-to-speak), but is that the real reason most people shop there? Probably not. I think it's more [i]about[i] the label and being able to say they got something there. Big whoop.
I feel like the folks at TJ's should have thought a little more about location and bought a bigger store front, especially after all the time people here have seemed to want one. People would be blown away at what they aren't getting compared to what other TJ's have to offer! I can't imagine coming from CdA or somewhere equally as far and finding the rinky-dink selection. What a disappointment it would be to me.
Another convert! Today TJs, tomorrow da vorld!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area