Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 AM

135 posts, read 599,942 times

Advertisements

We will be in Spokane from April 2-10. My 14.5yr old is coming with us...what is there that is 'cool' for him to do?

We will more than likely go to 49 degrees North to ski/snowboard for one of the days....

also is it spring break in Spokane the week mentioned above? That'd be nice!

Thanks for input...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 07:42 AM

5 posts, read 47,396 times
Hm.

Well, there might be a concert or two he'd be interested in.

You've two major malls, Valley Mall and Northtown mall. They've both got arcades. Northtown mall'd be best for that... bumpercars, mini golf, arcade games, climbing wall... There's also River Park square, that's got a theatre.

We've the YMCA in the valley and downtown.

There's the IMAX theatre, and the carousel.

We have a laserquest (FUN!). Perhaps there will be a lock-in or something?

THere are also places to go paintballing.

There are quite a few parks, so if the kid enjoys hiking, that's an option.

Try www.spokane7.com for events.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:34 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,911,277 times
Hi Mes - DarkeningUndine pretty well nailed all the best teen activities and resources. It will be spring break during the week you're here, so there should be lots of other kids around, too. At the Laserquest place, there's also an indoor climbing facility called Wild Walls that is a lot of fun and a good workout too. The golf courses are all getting opened up now, too, if he plays golf. Greens fees are pretty inexpensive in Spokane.
I hope you have a great visit to Spokane. If we were staying in town for spring break, I'd try to meet up with you - I've got a 13 yr old son and a 15 yr. old daughter, but we already planned a cruise to Mexico with some other families. Adios! Please report back on your visit after you get home.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:02 PM

5 posts, read 47,396 times
Ah, WendyK's comment about golf reminded me: Frisbee golf. I love the game, and we've a few frisbee golf courses. I'd also recommend manito park. Um.... The valley YMCA has a skate park, and there's one downtown, under the freeway.

Another thing I forgot to mention: comedy. There's a few places that do improv. Off the top of my head, there's Comedysportz.... They sell out some times, so getting a ticket is a good idea. If they are sold out, and you got a ticket, theres free pizza! spokanecomedy.com

There's Bluedoortheatre.com which is another comedy place.

Another one: FastKart indoor speedway. He'd prolly like that. fastkartspeedway.com

There's wonderlandfamilyfun.com which has a batting cage, minigolf...

There are a few roller skating places, and an ice skating place or two.

You guys should try it in the summer next time.... We've outdoor concerts galore then...

Old 05-07-2010, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 12,145 times
Hi Teens,
If I hear of anything going on in Spokane for your age group, I will let you know. Currently, there is a new thing for you guys to do. You might really enjoy it. It's a place to hang out, a little coffee place, that opened its door to teens every Monday from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Check my articles and have your friends do the same, and be sure to let me know when you hear of anything, so i can advertise it for you! Thanks, Joelle Osias

Maintenance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of: