Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:44 PM

470 posts, read 1,036,869 times

Advertisements

I finally got a job managing a warehouse with a large national company here in Spokane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 11:33 AM

438 posts, read 1,796,909 times
Yeah, you! :~) D

Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
Glad you finally got a job. Hope it lives up to your talents and that you are happy with it.

Now you too can become a self-absorbed schizophrenic northwest nancy!

Old 10-23-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Glad you finally got a job. Hope it lives up to your talents and that you are happy with it.

Now you too can become a self-absorbed schizophrenic northwest nancy!
I'd say they are getting their money's worth. In two days on the job I've cleaned up the cluster %#(% that they called their warehouse and gotten them three weeks ahead of schedule on shipments due out to stores.

I hope I never find myself becoming full blown northwestern! If I do hopefully I slash my wrists before I'm eating Ativan and Zoloft like Skittles.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
That bad, huh. Well at least you have a job and you are able to spend time with your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokanejobseeker View Post
I'd say they are getting their money's worth. In two days on the job I've cleaned up the cluster %#(% that they called their warehouse and gotten them three weeks ahead of schedule on shipments due out to stores.

I hope I never find myself becoming full blown northwestern! If I do hopefully I slash my wrists before I'm eating Ativan and Zoloft like Skittles.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:57 AM

6 posts, read 41,798 times
Quote:
I finally got a job managing a warehouse with a large national company here in Spokane.
Congratulations Spokanejobseeker!

I've been looking for work since we moved to Spokane back in September 2008.

I don't have a car at the moment, so I'm limited to public transport.
That's been holding me back, as I can't get to certain places that have jobs available. I hope that once I do get my own transport (hopefully in Feb or March next year) I'll have more opportunities to find something.

I wouldn't mind a job that pays $9 per hour, it's $9 more than $0 per hour at the moment.

Regards

Larry

Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus71 View Post
Congratulations Spokanejobseeker!

I've been looking for work since we moved to Spokane back in September 2008.

I don't have a car at the moment, so I'm limited to public transport.
That's been holding me back, as I can't get to certain places that have jobs available. I hope that once I do get my own transport (hopefully in Feb or March next year) I'll have more opportunities to find something.

I wouldn't mind a job that pays $9 per hour, it's $9 more than $0 per hour at the moment.

Regards

Larry
It shouldn't be too hard to find a job that pays that. I was just unwilling to accept that wage due to my level of education and other experiences. If I worked downtown I would use public transportation extensively and many people here in town use the STA to get to work regardless of where they work. $9-$10 an hour doesn't pay the rent, put food on the table, and make a car payment. That's probably one of the reasons why STA is so successful is due to the low income of the vast majority of the population of Spokane. I don't know your situation, but if you are able to commute via STA you should be able to commute without too much issue to many jobs in town. Best of luck to you.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:44 AM

6 posts, read 41,798 times
Quote:
It shouldn't be too hard to find a job that pays that. I was just unwilling to accept that wage due to my level of education and other experiences. If I worked downtown I would use public transportation extensively and many people here in town use the STA to get to work regardless of where they work. $9-$10 an hour doesn't pay the rent, put food on the table, and make a car payment. That's probably one of the reasons why STA is so successful is due to the low income of the vast majority of the population of Spokane. I don't know your situation, but if you are able to commute via STA you should be able to commute without too much issue to many jobs in town. Best of luck to you.
I've applied to many places downtown. I could have had a job at Nordstrom but it started at 4:30am, the first bus where I am is not until 6am, so that didn't work.

For now, $9-$10 ph would pay rent and put food on the table, don't have a car so that payment is not needed.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus71 View Post
I've applied to many places downtown. I could have had a job at Nordstrom but it started at 4:30am, the first bus where I am is not until 6am, so that didn't work.

For now, $9-$10 ph would pay rent and put food on the table, don't have a car so that payment is not needed.

You can try to get a job at West Corp during the day. I know they're pretty strict about being able to work any shift and their night shift makes it impossible to ride the bus I hear, but they are always hiring.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:11 AM

Default Good Bye Slowkane

Without a lot of sadness I'm moving to Louisville, KY. Home of several high paying growth drivers and in close proximity to some great government jobs that are opening up at Ft. Knox with the addition of the Human Resources Command there.

To everyone posting about the job market when they get here I will give you my two cents. Unless you are in a higher paying health care occupation, or have no drive or ambition in life, then Spokane is the city for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area