Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times

Advertisements

Back in Houston during those days, there was a promoter named Paul Boesch...he would have wrestlers like Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, Ivan Putsky and Bruiser Brody in town. I got to see all of those guys plus others. I enjoyed Gino...dude was always able to get on people's nerves...anyone also remember Skandar Akhbar and Kamala? There was also that stupid guy with a tennis racket. Can't recall his name. Wahoo McDaniel i saw too. I also saw Andre the Giant at the Sam Houston coliseum too...the memories were great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,215 times
Tennis Racquet=Jim Cornette. I always hated that guy too. Not for his ability ot get heat, but just out of general dislike for him. He always seemed really sleazy.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Watching Raw's 1000th show,great show but i'm surprised not a mention of Hulk Hogan, in my opinion a wrestler who was a major player in the rise of WWF/WWE.
I never did hear the story on why the Hulkster is never spoken about and is basically ostracized from any historical significance in the WWE.
Hogan works for TNA. Legalities and logistics.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Hogan works for TNA. Legalities and logistics.
He does now but this no mention of Hogan on WWE has been going on from before the Hulksters new gig on TNA/Impact. i get the feeling theres some bad blood between McMahon and Hogan and i missed the story..

Old 07-26-2012, 11:42 PM

563 posts, read 1,270,215 times
During the Punk-Cena match, Michael Cole mentioned that Punk was hitting his 273(?) day in his title reign, meaning he surpassed titleholders like "(among others) ...Hogan...". Cole did not say Hulk Hogan, he just said Hogan. So there was mention of HH.

Hogan and McMahon have had a 20 yr feud, even while he was in the WWF because they are too similar in business. McMahon also blames Hogan for his testimony in the steroid trial for putting the spotlight on the WWF by the feds, Hogan taking time off (which is why he lost the title in 1988 and in 1990) during periods where he needed Hogan to help keep the media exposure on the WWF, blames Hogan for trying to help destroy the WWF when he jumped ship to WCW, and on and on and on.

Hogan doesn't like McMahon because Vince is a handshake on a deal guy and Hogan likes to use his attorney to read before signing anything, which makes Vince feel untrustworthy. Plus, Vince does a lot of goading and making one feel like they are putting their priorities in the wrong order if you don't see things his way.

2 stubborn mules who thinks each one knows what is best for business.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,708 times
Hollywood Hogan was insignificant in the past 999 episodes of Raw so I don't see much reason for Hogan to show up only to bury current talent which is what would have happened if Hogan was free to go on Raw last Monday. I would have liked to see Steve Austin show up though.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:36 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
I think Hogan was a major draw for many years in the WWF for his name to never be mentioned is somewhat ungrateful considering how much money and notoriety he brought to the game.. however i realize as LeisureMan pointed out there are other issues going on..

Old 07-28-2012, 03:58 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Does anyone remember the grahams , eddie and his son , sir oliver humperdink (met him in a bar one night in tampa also barry wyndham was with him and his brother kendal , Also worked with a girl who was married to Test before he od "ed on drugs in tampa apt . Saw Lex lugar a couple of times at tampa international airport . Im talking my old bar tending days and some of those fellows were a little grabby if you know what I mean . I was quite the looker back then . I remember rick flair being real big then too . I remember gino hernandez before he wrapped his car and killed himself . Bruser Brody was a really nice guy and really good tipper and sad what happened to him in a foreign country he bled to death in a locker room and some foreign wrestler stabbed him . Then you had the atlanta ga guys free birds come out really nice bunch of guys and they were good tippers too and never grabby either . Boy talking about walking down memory lane jeeze you guys brought all this back .

Old 07-30-2012, 11:10 AM

555 posts, read 1,183,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureMan View Post
During the Punk-Cena match, Michael Cole mentioned that Punk was hitting his 273(?) day in his title reign, meaning he surpassed titleholders like "(among others) ...Hogan...". Cole did not say Hulk Hogan, he just said Hogan. So there was mention of HH.

Hogan and McMahon have had a 20 yr feud, even while he was in the WWF because they are too similar in business. McMahon also blames Hogan for his testimony in the steroid trial for putting the spotlight on the WWF by the feds, Hogan taking time off (which is why he lost the title in 1988 and in 1990) during periods where he needed Hogan to help keep the media exposure on the WWF, blames Hogan for trying to help destroy the WWF when he jumped ship to WCW, and on and on and on.

Hogan doesn't like McMahon because Vince is a handshake on a deal guy and Hogan likes to use his attorney to read before signing anything, which makes Vince feel untrustworthy. Plus, Vince does a lot of goading and making one feel like they are putting their priorities in the wrong order if you don't see things his way.

2 stubborn mules who thinks each one knows what is best for business.
Hogan doesn't like McMahon because Vince is a handshake on a deal guy and Hogan likes to use his attorney to read before signing anything, which makes Vince feel untrustworthy

AKA HOGAN IS A SMART BUSINESS MAN. Vince Mack has burned many a people on these handshake deals

Old 07-30-2012, 11:11 AM

555 posts, read 1,183,816 times
They also did the same thing with Bruno Samartino. Black balled him in the wwF (becuase I refuse to do E) for years and years because he took to light many of the sexual things that was going on behind closed doors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports