Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:47 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times

Advertisements

i hate to say it As much as i hate the city. Boston has the Best. why? you ask because their competition for this poll is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,833,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I'm not casting my vote right now, but I have to say that the Bay Area comes out alright in this category. Right on. Warriors really picked it back up with their new one shown a couple weeks ago. Same with the current Quakes logo.
I love the Giants' "SF"; I actually think the 49ers' "SF" is great, too; loved the idea of that SF's font being used for the team name.

Also for the Giants, I really liked the no longer used currsive version. Also the one with the touching letters, curved, with large G and S.

The rest of the Bay franchises are fine, but I really do like the two SF teams more than the East Bay and San Jose counterparts

Old 07-01-2010, 02:25 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
I love the Giants' "SF"; I actually think the 49ers' "SF" is great, too; loved the idea of that SF's font being used for the team name.

Also for the Giants, I really liked the no longer used currsive version. Also the one with the touching letters, curved, with large G and S.

The rest of the Bay franchises are fine, but I really do like the two SF teams more than the East Bay and San Jose counterparts
-The two SF teams have basically the same logo with different styles, though. Interlocking letters are always a good thing, but the Giants basically brought it from New York and the 49ers copied it. The script logos that both teams used in the '80s (you mentioned the big G and S logo) are infinitely better.

-The A's and Raiders will never change, nor should they. Those are iconic and even resisted change through relocations. The Warriors have had some good ones in the past, but the recent era with orange in the mix and that bolt-throwing thunderman was dreadful. New one looks sharp and actually gives a nod to Oakland with the new eastern span of the bridge.

-The new Sharks logo is abysmal and I refuse to acknowledge it. The 1991 version should return right now and it would rule again (just wrap the tape all the way around the stick). The Earthquakes tweaked the 2000 shield to make the name more legible and it looks sharp, with the exception of the forced perspective on the soccer ball. I really dig it, especially since they'd traditionally had awful logos in the NASL and as the Clash.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:42 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,833,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
-The two SF teams have basically the same logo with different styles, though. Interlocking letters are always a good thing, but the Giants basically brought it from New York and the 49ers copied it. The script logos that both teams used in the '80s (you mentioned the big G and S logo) are infinitely better.
Yet the Giants' SF runs rings around the Giants-turned-Mets' NY

and while i didn't include colleges in the mix, krudmonk, I'd like to add that Cal's logo is one of the sharpest and most elegant script I've ever seen on a sports logo (and definitely beats an "S" with palo in its middle, even if that palo happens to be an alto one. That one should just hang proudly over The Farm in reality and not be part of a logo)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports