U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 PM

565 posts, read 1,075,123 times

Advertisements

Undertaker will not lose to Lesnar.

WWE or the Undertaker will not allow someone who left WWE hanging high and dry 8 yrs ago to "go do something else" to end the biggest streak in modern wrestling history.

I have actually heard Wrestlemania plans on Lesnar either losing the WWE Title to the Rock or Undertaker pinning him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 AM

33,141 posts, read 39,090,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureMan View Post

WWE or the Undertaker will not allow someone who left WWE hanging high and dry 8 yrs ago to "go do something else" to end the biggest streak in modern wrestling history.
They didnt seem to mind bringing the Rock back for a cream puff event and after not being around for 7 years and letting him win it.Kinda rubbed me the wrong way that Cena is in the house at least once a week whereas that candy-ass Rock comes back for one event and they let him win it;;so much for rewarding the hard work ethic..

Old 06-20-2012, 09:42 AM

Cena laid down to the Rock, because in the end it was good for business. Cena did not like having to do it, apparently, but knew that the cross-media attention would pay off bigger dividends down the road from a multimedia standpoint and future cross-media interest than him winning.

Lesnar brings none of that. He beats Undertaker, and he doesn't bring anything more than the UFC crowd coming to laugh and use it as a proving point that ultimate fighting is better than wrestling. Mainstream media doesn't care because we all already "know it".

Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 AM
JJG

12,900 posts, read 18,415,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
They didnt seem to mind bringing the Rock back for a cream puff event and after not being around for 7 years and letting him win it.Kinda rubbed me the wrong way that Cena is in the house at least once a week whereas that candy-ass Rock comes back for one event and they let him win it;;so much for rewarding the hard work ethic..

Cena fan?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Cena fan?
I'm a fan of all the wrestlers,Cena is just another character playing a role, people i find colorful are Brodus Clay,Santino Marella,Rybach, AJ,Vince..
I dont get the negativity about liking any particular wrestler including Cena who is a hard working character in and out of the ring..

Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 AM
JJG

Quote:
I'm a fan of all the wrestlers,Cena is just another character playing a role, people i find colorful are Brodus Clay,Santino Marella,Rybach, AJ,Vince..
I dont get the negativity about liking any particular wrestler including Cena who is a hard working character in and out of the ring..
It's not the hard work that people don't like about Cena. It's the lack of moves and "trying TOO hard" role he seems to project.

Yeah, I'm sure Cena's one of the greatest guys in the world, but as the face of pro wrestling today...? Doesn't work for me. And I'm not the only one.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:05 PM

The old Hulkster made a career out of that flying leg drop move Cena is a bit more multi dimensional.
If disliking a character because of his lack of moves then the great Kali must be at the top of every ones list
As for many fans not liking Cena? it certainly is evident from the audience.Maybe its time for Cena to dump the face routine and go heel, maybe him and Lesnar could become the new badass duo.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM
JJG

Quote:
The old Hulkster made a career out of that flying leg drop move Cena is a bit more multi dimensional.
If disliking a character because of his lack of moves then the great Kali must be at the top of every ones list
As for many fans not liking Cena? it certainly is evident from the audience.Maybe its time for Cena to dump the face routine and go heel, maybe him and Lesnar could become the new badass duo.
Well that is another reason (or just part of the "trying TOO hard" I was talking about) that people don't like Cena the wrestler.

He's just... stale.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 PM

10,715 posts, read 22,330,588 times
Undertaker asked Lesner if he wanted to come back and "Do it" during a UFC event before he left the UFC..

WWE's Undertaker, Brock Lesnar Exchange Words Following UFC 121 - YouTube

I mean either HHH beats Brock ghas a huge build up from that and has a Re-match at WM with Taker and ends his streak..

I can see Tripple H being the one that ends takers streak only after HHH and Brock have a huge fued and HHH gets back into wrestling every week or so before WM to get a huge push and rating boost leading up to the event and after taker Retires and HHH inducts him into the hall of fame and HHH himself Semi-Retires.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:

Nope. In wrestling circles, Cena and Hogan suffer from what is known as the "5 Moves of Doom".

Hogan: punch, kick, clothesline, big boot, legdrop

Cena: flying tackle, back suplex, fistdrop, AA, STF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports