U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 AM

26,201 posts, read 14,096,059 times

Advertisements

Hadn't watched any of the game today until 2 outs in the last inning.

Saw the score 24-16 - saw Tennessee and thought Titans (since I was waiting to watch football) - took a few seconds to register what event this was.

Wish I had see the whole game - or at least the last couple of innings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 05:48 AM

4,925 posts, read 9,482,478 times
Fun game...TN up 15-5 against CA going into the bottom of the last inning of the game...CA is up and down to their last 3 outs and bangs out 10 runs to tie it up and send it into extra innings. Talk about momentum shifts! TN responded with a 9 run explosion of their own in the next inning and CA couldn't answer again.

Great game for both teams. The heart displayed by both teams, the poise under pressure was every bit as impressive as any major league game...and given their age more so.

Pulling for TN, but they'll have a tough time against Japan who is a very strong team. And TN burned up a lot of their pitching getting to this game.

Go TN!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 AM

7,184 posts, read 7,517,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Fun game...TN up 15-5 against CA going into the bottom of the last inning of the game...CA is up and down to their last 3 outs and bangs out 10 runs to tie it up and send it into extra innings. Talk about momentum shifts! TN responded with a 9 run explosion of their own in the next inning and CA couldn't answer again.

Great game for both teams. The heart displayed by both teams, the poise under pressure was every bit as impressive as any major league game...and given their age more so.

Pulling for TN, but they'll have a tough time against Japan who is a very strong team. And TN burned up a lot of their pitching getting to this game.

Go TN!
Yep!^^^
What an incredible game to watch (2nd best little league Ive ever seen)
TN and California burnt a lot pitching last couple of days(especially California)
I was rooting for California but both teams deserved it!
Go Tennessee!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:32 PM
VOR

7 posts, read 8,085 times
It shows you how hard it is to get to MLB, these gets look seriously talented, but very rarely do you hear of any of them getting to MLB. I'm guessing some of the kids that are dominating are due to maturing early, then others catch up to them in HS. 6'3 kid from Petaluma, at 12? WTF?

Old 08-27-2012, 12:01 AM

7,184 posts, read 7,517,679 times
Congratulations to japan
I think cailfornia would have been match up!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:53 PM

4,925 posts, read 9,482,478 times
Congrats to Japan for their win...they looked great.

Heck, congrats to anyone who even MADE it to the tournament. Think of all the kids that play little league and what has to happen to get that far...amazing on all parts.

As far as making it to MLB, there are a number of major leaguers who have played in the Little League World Series...of course right now I can't think of a single one without a google search, but I know every year watching the series on TV, they always mention a few that did.

And I expect VOR is right about maturing early...plus having some talent doesn't hurt. From about age 8 through high school I used to play against a guy that's in the Hall of Fame now. It really wasn't until, oh, sophomore year or so that we begin to realize that he was definitely a cut above. It wasn't that he wasn't good younger...he was. But a number of us were too...it's just that he kept getting better. And better. And better. Etc., etc., etc. And we didn't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or