Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times

Advertisements

He's a d-bag. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,403,017 times
It's funny that he's become everything he used to hate. I guess Darth Vader and the Emperor were right.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:05 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Lance is no different than any other athlete, celebrity or person. He had the most to lose from admitting to doping, so of course he held out the longest. If you took out every athlete, politician or celebrity who lied there'd be nobody left. They all lie and we are their cheerleaders until the media decides otherwise. I remember when Floyd Landis was fighting the charges. Everybody supported him, pretty much knowing that he was lying. When he finally admitted to it, then everyone turned against him. We turn against these guys when they finally come clean, but support them when they are living the lie. Lance is no isolated liar. We all support a culture where lying is rewarded and telling the truth is not. So now that Lance is telling the truth we have people disparaging him, but not when he is lying. That supports a culture of lying.
lol.. Yeah right "everybody" supported him? Lots of people were critical of this asshat from the start. Others, such as myself, knew he was a douche once they started reading about his ugly behavior time after time. Then again, lots of people really did believe all his BS, gullible to the end. I feel sorry for his kids. They believed daddy, but were probably afraid to even question him. As Lance would say, "Scary".

Old 01-19-2013, 05:42 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
lol.. Yeah right "everybody" supported him? Lots of people were critical of this asshat from the start. Others, such as myself, knew he was a douche once they started reading about his ugly behavior time after time. Then again, lots of people really did believe all his BS, gullible to the end. I feel sorry for his kids. They believed daddy, but were probably afraid to even question him. As Lance would say, "Scary".
I believe the general populous supported Armstrong.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
He's a puke...when he was talking about his ex-wife...well I called her lazy and stupid BUT I never called her fat....

With a smirk on his face the whole time. He is just sorry he got caught-

Old 01-19-2013, 07:04 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,669,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Doesnt look good for Lance but to this point he's had no court case and is merely the subject of many allegations and hearsay,
I find it puzzling how so many Americans seem to be so happy at the demise of their once great hero,
A man who has gone onto accomplish much in the world of cancer relief programs,
Yeah he probably played the game along with every one else in the biking world but he was our champ our hero,and now every one it seems just wants to trash the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Now that every one is happy about throwing Lance Armstrong under the bus maybe we can look for more American hero's to trash, how about that Michael Phelps? 22 Olympic medals? yeah right.doped all the way i say.
And how about that Tiger Woods? ya dont get muscle development like his by just playing golf, another candidate for being on the juice.
Actually looking up American sport heros on Google doesnt come up with much.

This it? American Athletic Heroes Page 1 | USA Hero
Any comments?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:14 AM

270 posts, read 703,430 times
Sh*t hit the fan and it's more real then Manti Te'o's gf. I gotta get this out there.
Lance, how far have you fallen, man? Nah, I'm just playing. Guys, we all have cheated once in our lives, so please get off your high horses for once. What has happened to "nobody is perfect?"
I have no sympathy for him because of the way he treated others (suing people, insulting his wife, etc.) not because he got caught using dope. He should have known this will come eventually.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
Default wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Lance is no different than any other athlete, celebrity or person. He had the most to lose from admitting to doping, so of course he held out the longest. If you took out every athlete, politician or celebrity who lied there'd be nobody left. They all lie and we are their cheerleaders until the media decides otherwise. I remember when Floyd Landis was fighting the charges. Everybody supported him, pretty much knowing that he was lying. When he finally admitted to it, then everyone turned against him. We turn against these guys when they finally come clean, but support them when they are living the lie. Lance is no isolated liar. We all support a culture where lying is rewarded and telling the truth is not. So now that Lance is telling the truth we have people disparaging him, but not when he is lying. That supports a culture of lying.
You are very wrong! No one knew if he was using because he passed every test. Lance was the guiding light in endurance sports, winning several titles and winning the ultimate battle, beating cancer....thats what earned him the props. He presented the ultimate image for Americans to admire, now we look like fools buying his books, making him the face of American endurance sports.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I believe the general populous supported Armstrong.
Yes, the general population supported AND believed him! However, public opinion started sliding this past summer when Armstrong claimed he was "tired of fighting." Suspicions grew. Then support evaporated in October because Usada released their extensive and damaging report. So "everyone" turned on Armstrong when the evidence was revealed, not when he finally "confessed" on the wimpy Oprah show this week.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
He's a puke...when he was talking about his ex-wife...well I called her lazy and stupid BUT I never called her fat....

With a smirk on his face the whole time. He is just sorry he got caught-
Actually, that was Betsy Andreu he was talking about, not his ex-wife. Betsy and her husband are two of the many people Lance has messed with over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports