Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:22 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Will all the gay people who've done anything in their lives please announce those accomplishments now and spare everyone from future non-news releases?

Is there a first gay lumberjack? How about the first gay limo driver? There has to be a first gay hillbilly.

Wait until the first gay terrorist shows up. That might be worth more than 5 seconds in the news.
Okay, I gotta admit, this made me laugh.

Now returning you to regularly scheduled programming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 PM

Okay, I'm puttin this out there:

I didn't really look into it until tonight, 'cause I just didn't care. But I have always thought Russell Westbrook - who actually can play some b-ball - was gay.

Fast forward to today. And voila! I find out on Google that his ex girlfriend now claims Russ is a bisexual. I think it's just a matter of time before we have openly gay football players, rugby players, MMA stars, and whatever else. Let's face it: this is 2013, and bein gay ain't such a big deal. Turn the page.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:31 PM

45,538 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Fair enough, but he probably doesn't say jack sh*t about heterosexual guys banging 40 groupies in 40 different cities on those roadies throughout the year. Just sayin'. I suppose you could say he was never asked, but still, I doubt it would be as controversial, despite walking in open rebellion to god and Jaysus.

Had to kinda laugh my ass off when Mark Jackson started getting spiritual when asked about it -- this is a guy who's an admitted adulterer and he goes off talking about the Bible. Ha! Ha! Mark Jackson is a total 'do as I say, not as I do' kinda Christian. I liked Mark Jackson the basketball player, but not the coach as much, and I like the person even less.
40 groupies in 40 cities isn't a new thing. Whoever did it first - yeah it probably was a big deal at that time.

Since this seems to be a low key discussion let me share this with regards to Mark Jackson/adultery.

All Christians will mess up at some point. We are Christians because of what Christ did for us, not because of what we do. Now that doesn't mean we just do what we want - we should still strive to live pure lives as Christ did, and understand we will miss the mark from time to time. So yes, we could appear as hypocrites - but that is why we are urged to live pure, so we don't turn off others with bad behavior.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
40 groupies in 40 cities isn't a new thing. Whoever did it first - yeah it probably was a big deal at that time.

Since this seems to be a low key discussion let me share this with regards to Mark Jackson/adultery.

All Christians will mess up at some point. We are Christians because of what Christ did for us, not because of what we do. Now that doesn't mean we just do what we want - we should still strive to live pure lives as Christ did, and understand we will miss the mark from time to time. So yes, we could appear as hypocrites - but that is why we are urged to live pure, so we don't turn off others with bad behavior.
I've got a better answer for ya bro: some people are just born the way they are, because 'God' made them that way. God made gay birds, gay dogs, gay people...not something you wanna think about, but it is what it is. Live and let live.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:04 AM

45,538 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I've got a better answer for ya bro: some people are just born the way they are, because 'God' made them that way. God made gay birds, gay dogs, gay people...not something you wanna think about, but it is what it is. Live and let live.
I won't say God made them that way. I won't say God made gay animals.

I will say people are born with sinful attributes that are passed down - some have a bent towards lying, or stealing & greed, or lust (hetero), or homosexual behavior, or violent behavior, etc. Christ died for all of these behaviors in order to get us into a right relationship with God.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 AM

10,638 posts, read 16,017,724 times
Besides god saying it's a sin, what's wrong with being gay.
I wish there were a lot more gay guys, more chicks for me

Old 04-30-2013, 02:04 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Default Not surprised

There was something about him that I couldn't put my finger on, and now I know.

I couldn't care less. I remember listening to Dr Laura's show some years back, and each caller would start off with "..and I'm my children's mom!", as if such a proclamation was going to score them brownie points or something and validate their choice to be a stay-at-home mom. I got sick of hearing it.

Same with gays "coming out." Who cares? You're gay, so live your life. Why care so much about making such a public deal about it, as if publically screaming that you're gay is going to score brownie points and lead to some form of validation that you can't inherently feel at being gay without the public admission? It's annoying.

Jason Collins is probably one of the most forgettable basketball players in the league. He's a free agent now, and not much of a basketball player. Maybe the extra publicity will help him get with another team, where he will continue to put up mediocre numbers and have little impact.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
I'm in the " Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Care" camp. I thought it would be Lebron James or maybe Shaq, I never heard of this guy.
I doubt many top tier players will admit to it, it would hurt their careers and many of their teammates would have problems with it. But it could add some interest to the game. Any in team controversy adds to the dynamics of play so that will influence things. And fan reaction will be something to watch. Then again, its a business so any controversy probably won't be welcome on a professional level by team owners. Again, it will make things interesting.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:54 AM

8,032 posts, read 10,624,855 times
My point was that the self-importance these people are putting on their chosen sexual preference matters far less to the rest of us than they think it does. And that's what it is, a sexual preference. I don't go around calling news conferences about my sexual habits. Why do I want to know about his?

We have SO many other issues in our world that need our attention and concern.

You're gay - so what.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:56 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,617,892 times
Who cares? Amazing how someone comes out and everyone is all a twitter...but the same people criticize Tebow for being a Christian...

I can't wait for it not to be "hip" to be gay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports