Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:19 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,318,351 times

Advertisements

NBA player Jason Collins says he’s gay - The Washington Post

1st active pro athlete to admits he is gay while still playing pro sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,787,792 times
who cares?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:04 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
It's mainly newsworthy because we've had openly gay people in every aspect of American life (even the military) except for pro sports. Someone had to break the ice, and after today, it will be no big deal.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 PM

570 posts, read 1,002,118 times
I think it will be a big deal again if/when a player in MLB or the NFL comes out. It would be an even bigger deal if an active all star or superstar in one of the four major sports came out.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
I'm truly glad that who is gay and who is not is getting all the focus and attention it is.

I mean, after all, who one prefers to sleep with is the most pressing issue in our society today, right?

The article I read talked about what a "hero" he is for coming out and saying he's gay. Soldiers are coming back with legs, arms, and faces blown off trying to defend this country, and this guy is a "Hero" for coming out and admitting that he prefers to sleep with other naked men, rather than women.

What courage, what an example.

Yeah for him.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM

462 posts, read 427,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I'm truly glad that who is gay and who is not is getting all the focus and attention it is.

I mean, after all, who one prefers to sleep with is the most pressing issue in our society today, right?

The article I read talked about what a "hero" he is for coming out and saying he's gay. Soldiers are coming back with legs, arms, and faces blown off trying to defend this country, and this guy is a "Hero" for coming out and admitting that he prefers to sleep with other naked men, rather than women.

What courage, what an example.

Yeah for him.

You're missing the point.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
My sentiments echo this...

Q: Exactly what was it that ESPN's NBA insider Chris Broussard said on his network's Outside the Lines show?

"Personally I don't believe that you can live an openly homosexual lifestyle or ... openly (engage in) premarital sex between heterosexuals. If you're openly living that type of lifestyle, the Bible says you know them by their fruits, it says that's a sin. If you're openly living in unrepentant sin, whatever it may be, not just homosexuality, adultery, fornication, premarital sex between heterosexuals, whatever it may be. I think that's walking in open rebellion to God and to Jesus Christ."

... and I will just move on to other stuff.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Will all the gay people who've done anything in their lives please announce those accomplishments now and spare everyone from future non-news releases?

Is there a first gay lumberjack? How about the first gay limo driver? There has to be a first gay hillbilly.

Wait until the first gay terrorist shows up. That might be worth more than 5 seconds in the news.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:10 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
pro athlete barely. this guy has been riding nothin but pine his whole career. (haha fail)

Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My sentiments echo this...

Q: Exactly what was it that ESPN's NBA insider Chris Broussard said on his network's Outside the Lines show?

"Personally I don't believe that you can live an openly homosexual lifestyle or ... openly (engage in) premarital sex between heterosexuals. If you're openly living that type of lifestyle, the Bible says you know them by their fruits, it says that's a sin. If you're openly living in unrepentant sin, whatever it may be, not just homosexuality, adultery, fornication, premarital sex between heterosexuals, whatever it may be. I think that's walking in open rebellion to God and to Jesus Christ."

... and I will just move on to other stuff.
Fair enough, but he probably doesn't say jack sh*t about heterosexual guys banging 40 groupies in 40 different cities on those roadies throughout the year. Just sayin'. I suppose you could say he was never asked, but still, I doubt it would be as controversial, despite walking in open rebellion to god and Jaysus.

Had to kinda laugh my ass off when Mark Jackson started getting spiritual when asked about it -- this is a guy who's an admitted adulterer and he goes off talking about the Bible. Ha! Ha! Mark Jackson is a total 'do as I say, not as I do' kinda Christian. I liked Mark Jackson the basketball player, but not the coach as much, and I like the person even less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports