Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:44 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Not really, but if it did, so what. That wasnt the question.
Yeah..............it kind of was. I know women who are probably smarter about sports than you, and I know men who know nothing about sports. Basing such a dumb topic on gender...........is sexist.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 AM

552 posts, read 720,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Yeah..............it kind of was. I know women who are probably smarter about sports than you, and I know men who know nothing about sports. Basing such a dumb topic on gender...........is sexist.
I guess we should never ask any questions ever if they might somehow be offensive to someones gender/race/sexual orientation, only PC approved discussions. How about we all start relaxing and stop jumping up to be offended at every opportunity. Maybe then we can have some good conversations.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times
good conversations typically come from a good topic or premise

Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
good conversations typically come from a good topic or premise
Good is subjective.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
I guess we should never ask any questions ever if they might somehow be offensive to someones gender/race/sexual orientation, only PC approved discussions. How about we all start relaxing and stop jumping up to be offended at every opportunity. Maybe then we can have some good conversations.
If you think I am offended, you have misjudged my response.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
If you think I am offended, you have misjudged my response.
Well you certainly seemed at least angry that someone had the audacity to post such a, in your words, dumb topic.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
Well you certainly seemed at least angry that someone had the audacity to post such a, in your words, dumb topic.
Angry? Offended? No.

Mourning for the loss of intellect? Yeah, maybe.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:33 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
THis is mainly for the guys here. In general, do you like having sports conversations with woman or would you rather keep those convos between guys only?

I ask b/c I often notice, when women speak on these things, they often dont do their homework, especially if you wanna talk history of a game. Or they tend to only like teams that everyone around them likes, or players who they think are cute (i.e Derek Jeter, Tom Brady ect...). I also find that they fully support or embrace any athlete who is gay.

Some give it an honest try and ask questions, but i really dont like explaining games and rules to an adult. I feel these things shouldve been learned from Dads, uncles, older bross. ect

Personally, as bad as it sounds, I prefer limit my sport conversations to my dudes.

Do you males feel the same?
Sexist much?

I would talk circles around you re: college football.

Thank god the guys I know aren't like this...geezus.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,533 times
When discussing anything, I prefer to talk with people who are either familiar with a topic, or are interested in the topic. If they don't fit into either category . . . move along.

Does it really matter about gender?

Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
Most women who aren't interested in a sport will probably just go for the teams people like or players they think are cute. However, those women who are fanatics of a particular team often are very knowledgeable. I have friends who are fanatics of teams and they tend to know more than the men.

I don't have a great deal of interest in any of our Australian football teams right now so if someone did ask me about anything about them, I wouldn't know too much but I probably wouldn't even talk about them at all really because I wouldn't want to show my ignorance. However, I was particularly fond of the Brisbane Lions (AFL team) back in the late 90s and at the time, I was very knowledgeable about them because when I'm interested in something, I research it and read up on it.

My main sports interest is horse racing (see another post on this subforum) and I think I know quite a bit about Australian/NZ horse racing but admittedly not much about US horse racing and I think I know a bit about odds etc.

I hope you kept watching the Lions during 2000-2004 era.
An amazing football side, with a-graders on every line

Women can understand and talk about a game. Agree some can't, but I've met some men who also have no idea either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports