U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 05:59 PM

3,464 posts, read 3,008,975 times

Advertisements

Why can't I find the thread? Anyway. I have a possible spoiler alert, don't read if don't want to know.

It looks like Batista will make his return at the Rumble and have him win to wrestle Orton or Cena at Wrestlemania. Its Depending on how well it goes for the WWE signing Sting and having him wrestle the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30. His contract, as usual is up soon and TNA is crumbling so this time he might actually sign, if not look for Lesnar vs Taker at Wrestlemania.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 01:48 AM

2,559 posts, read 1,698,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Why can't I find the thread? Anyway. I have a possible spoiler alert, don't read if don't want to know.

It looks like Batista will make his return at the Rumble and have him win to wrestle Orton or Cena at Wrestlemania. Its Depending on how well it goes for the WWE signing Sting and having him wrestle the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30. His contract, as usual is up soon and TNA is crumbling so this time he might actually sign, if not look for Lesnar vs Taker at Wrestlemania.
Batista is old hat now, not sure why they would want to bring him back.
Lesnar is a legitimate challenge for the Undertaker, would be great to see that, let's hope ""the streak"' finally comes to an end.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:46 AM

33,141 posts, read 39,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post

Wrestling topics are scattered through the sports section,not sure why it doesnt have its own subsection.
Batista might make for some interesting storylines, Sting would definitely be a positive addition to the WWE,As for Taker and Lesnar i got no interest in the type of wrestlers who show up once every year or two.
TNA just sucks. Did they drop the Aces and Eights storyline as i havent seen it on the last few shows.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:40 PM

4,650 posts, read 6,019,887 times
Sting is 54. I saw a clip of him performing on a TNA show not too long ago and he couldn't even do his moves. I saw the most pathetic Scorpion Deathlock you could imagine.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:16 PM

2,024 posts, read 4,472,889 times
Yep, too late for Sting in the WWE but at one time he was the biggest name in wrestling. Maybe the mma thing didn't work out for Batista but good to see him back I guess. Hollywood Hogan has been rumored to be returning to WWE in some capacity which is a terrible idea that hopefully never happens.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM

7,131 posts, read 5,950,516 times
I had what I considered to be an exciting time travel dream just now where I was suddenly back in the WWE locker-room during the height of the attitude era around 1999 or so, but with my memory of 2014 in-tact. I was telling the wrestlers/Vince that wrestling was at it's prime, telling them how excited I was... I tried to explain how wrestling eventually gets family friendly and boring again but then I woke up.

They need to stop rehashing these old wrestlers and simply give their young talents some personality and start telling some stories again.. the wrestlers are just too generic, it's hard for me to want to side with any of them. Man I miss the attitude days.... time is passing by so fast...

Old 01-31-2014, 04:54 AM

33,141 posts, read 39,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I had what I considered to be an exciting time travel dream just now where I was suddenly back in the WWE locker-room during the height of the attitude era around 1999 or so, but with my memory of 2014 in-tact. I was telling the wrestlers/Vince that wrestling was at it's prime, telling them how excited I was... I tried to explain how wrestling eventually gets family friendly and boring again but then I woke up.

They need to stop rehashing these old wrestlers and simply give their young talents some personality and start telling some stories again.. the wrestlers are just too generic, it's hard for me to want to side with any of them. Man I miss the attitude days.... time is passing by so fast...
They did bring back The Road Dog and Billy Gunn. Vince must be getting desperate

Old 02-01-2014, 11:20 PM

3,464 posts, read 3,008,975 times
CM Punk walking out before Raw started has been the biggest story this week, is it a work (planned) or is it like Austin did years ago (real)? Not that I wanted him to face Triple H at Mania, thats been done already a few years ago.

This whole Daniel Bryan and the yes chant is crazy, if you haven't seen it watch the a Raw where he gets Bray Wyatt in the cage, the place goes crazy, maybe even louder than the Rock and Austin used to get, its hysterical.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:44 AM

2,559 posts, read 1,698,171 times
Cant believe it - "the Streak" is over for the Undertaker at Wrestlemania!

Old 04-07-2014, 01:54 AM

2,224 posts, read 2,867,650 times
That was the biggest swerve in years ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports