U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:01 AM

3,351 posts, read 5,844,435 times

Advertisements

Aikman isn't the most articulate analyst. Just listen to all of the "you knows" that come out of his mouth. And his grammar is generally atrocious. Don't they coach these guys before they put 'em on the air? Despite all that, though, Aikman IS a good analyst. He clearly has a deep understanding of the game. He just needs to work on his delivery.

Madden is a bumbling fool. Always has been, always will be. He says nothing insightful. He just states the obvious, and then he states it over and over again. At least he's funny sometimes, but that's about all I can give him. I actually felt bad for Al Michaels when the two of them got teamed up, because Al is so smooth and poised. He's probably my favorite football broadcaster these days.

But Bryant Gumbel is the absolute worst. Get the guy off the air. He doesn't have a clue.

Fox Sports is a little over the top, but it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game. I do wonder, though, if anyone has ever told them that their theme music is "Sleigh Ride." Giddyup, giddyup, let's go ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 10:56 AM

6,980 posts, read 8,007,978 times
They seem to always get a new score bug every year, i personally would rather them go back to the simple foxbox. And then those replays of a 3 yard run or pop fly get on my nerves.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:24 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,824,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Aikman isn't the most articulate analyst. Just listen to all of the "you knows" that come out of his mouth. And his grammar is generally atrocious. Don't they coach these guys before they put 'em on the air? Despite all that, though, Aikman IS a good analyst. He clearly has a deep understanding of the game. He just needs to work on his delivery.
Can't say I blame him... it's probably the effects of the concussion that forced him into retirement.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:03 PM

764 posts, read 2,235,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Oh, no. The worst thing in sports is Bryant Gumble calling games on NFL Network.
Amen. I'm pretty sure that Jane Pauley or Katie Couric would be better announcers (I wish that I weren't joking).

Old 12-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
Can't say I blame him... it's probably the effects of the concussion that forced him into retirement.
I've joked to my wife about that, but it very well could be the case!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Fox Sports is a little over the top, but it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game. I do wonder, though, if anyone has ever told them that their theme music is "Sleigh Ride." Giddyup, giddyup, let's go ...
Calrification ... that's their NFL theme song. I'm not familiar with what they do for other sports ...

Old 12-27-2007, 04:19 PM

2,370 posts, read 6,886,217 times
Eh...I guess I just don't pay attention to all that stuff. I just watch the game and ignore those droning voices and idiotic songs and stuff.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:34 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,963,946 times
They're Talkingheads just like me and guys I know who discuss football... they get paid more because they've been there or been around it in the pro sense... I haven't made a dime yet.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:08 PM

764 posts, read 2,235,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
They're Talkingheads just like me and guys I know who discuss football... they get paid more because they've been there or been around it in the pro sense... I haven't made a dime yet.
I'm pretty sure that Bryant Gumbel had never watched a football game prior to his first game on the NFL Network, so I'm not sure why he ought to be paid more than anyone in this forum.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:34 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,963,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
I'm pretty sure that Bryant Gumbel had never watched a football game prior to his first game on the NFL Network, so I'm not sure why he ought to be paid more than anyone in this forum.
agreed... its like listening to a well meaning announcer for a high school game... I think he does his best but its not like hearing Pat Summeral or Michaels... maybe he should just stick to favorite holiday desserts or the latest kitchen gadget... I bequest you $13,000,00 for simply posting. Sincerely Forever, The NFL Network
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or