U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:51 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,042,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetMars View Post
Sadly, because of our stupid owner, the Seattle Supersonics can pretty much book their flight to OKC ahead of time, cuz unless the NBA can see that Seattle is a great basketball city, which it is, Clay Bennett will get his way, and the sonics will move in a couple of years.
I think they might supersonic to OKC faster than 2 years! Just a lil' more paper work to be done then.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 07:20 PM

38,691 posts, read 86,825,558 times
Quote:
Sadly, because of our stupid owner, the Seattle Supersonics can pretty much book their flight to OKC ahead of time, cuz unless the NBA can see that Seattle is a great basketball city, which it is, Clay Bennett will get his way, and the sonics will move in a couple of years.
Now maybe I underestimate Oklahoma's enthusiasm for basketball, but I just can't see moving an NBA franchise to OKC and expecting it to be successful...

Old 01-12-2008, 09:08 PM

531 posts, read 1,093,206 times
Detroit Lions should move to LA

Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,042,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Now maybe I underestimate Oklahoma's enthusiasm for basketball, but I just can't see moving an NBA franchise to OKC and expecting it to be successful...
Ya...Typical underestimated hypothesis.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:11 AM

5,812 posts, read 16,229,428 times
I'd say the Predators are still on the edge. Unless some steady attendance occurs, they might be in Nashville 5 or so more years.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 PM

394 posts, read 896,608 times
Quote:
sad but true

Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 PM

394 posts, read 896,608 times
the owners of the hornets and sonics should swap teams. reasons?

the hornets are not going to last in new orleans

nba fans in okc have MUCH stronger ties to the hornets than the sonics

the nba will lose a very strong fan base and the nations 13th largest market in seattle

the one catch would be that the sonics franchise is worth more than the hornets, but hey it's just money

Old 01-15-2008, 02:26 PM

9,131 posts, read 11,672,514 times
New Orleans teams are going to stay put for the near forseen future , what cold hearted ruthless owner would move them this soom..

However the los Angeles Clippers had been having low level talks with Kansas City about the possibility of a move , but that's a very long shot at the very best next to
impossibility...Anaheim is making a very strong lobbying effort toward bring a NBA team to Anahem go with Their's NHL and MLB teams where that NBA team would come rom is anybody guess....

Buffalo is not going to lose their's teams the people in that region of the country are such rabid Fans that they would go without eating before they saw their's beloved team leave in the middle of the night , and what forth tier teams are out there waiting
for a third tier team to fall in dsperate straits anyway , maybe Kansas City maybe Louisville Kentucky them what , Omaha resident Billionaire doesn't seem to be interested in owning a Professional Sports Team because if he was there would be one there Already..

Last edited by Howest2008; 01-15-2008 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Edit a word

Old 01-15-2008, 11:51 PM

5,812 posts, read 16,229,428 times
Kansas City is probably going to be a player in landing a team. They have the beautiful new Sprint Center just waiting for NBA or NHL, and they'll probably offer a sweet lease deal to whoever will come.

Meanwhile, STL (technically Collinsville, IL) is trying to get an MLS team.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:36 PM

217 posts, read 267,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
The fact that they belong in Winnipeg. The fact that their "fans" only show up when theyre doing good (which is pretty much NEVER). The fact that its in the middle of the most un-hockey cities in America. Moving them from Winnipeg to Phoenix was blasphemous and an insult to tradition.

The Jets' final flight - Hockey Flight in Canada - CBC Archives
yes but who cares about hockey anyways, im glad that the coyotes are in an un-hockey city. hopefully this way they will die out and the franchise will be lost forever, the same goes for other teams in the southern part of the US. the less hockey the better.

and also may i add that the year that the nhl had the lockout (2005 i think) was one of the best years of my life, no hockey on tv for a whole year!!!
hockey is like one big virus in the world of sports and it should be gone all together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or