Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:05 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,913,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
yes but who cares about hockey anyways, im glad that the coyotes are in an un-hockey city. hopefully this way they will die out and the franchise will be lost forever, the same goes for other teams in the southern part of the US. the less hockey the better.

and also may i add that the year that the nhl had the lockout (2005 i think) was one of the best years of my life, no hockey on tv for a whole year!!!
hockey is like one big virus in the world of sports and it should be gone all together.
Go troll some other board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 07:09 AM

884 posts, read 1,027,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
New Orleans teams are going to stay put for the near forseen future , what cold hearted ruthless owner would move them this soom..

However the los Angeles Clippers had been having low level talks with Kansas City about the possibility of a move , but that's a very long shot at the very best next to
impossibility...Anaheim is making a very strong lobbying effort toward bring a NBA team to Anahem go with Their's NHL and MLB teams where that NBA team would come rom is anybody guess....

Buffalo is not going to lose their's teams the people in that region of the country are such rabid Fans that they would go without eating before they saw their's beloved team leave in the middle of the night , and what forth tier teams are out there waiting
for a third tier team to fall in dsperate straits anyway , maybe Kansas City maybe Louisville Kentucky them what , Omaha resident Billionaire doesn't seem to be interested in owning a Professional Sports Team because if he was there would be one there Already..

Warren Buffet doesn't really have a porfolio filled with sporting investments anyway.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 AM

718 posts, read 2,356,821 times
Quote:
hockey is like one big virus in the world of sports and it should be gone all together.
No, the biggest virus in the sports world is Canadian hockey fans who thinks hockey belongs to them and no one else!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 AM

884 posts, read 1,027,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
No, the biggest virus in the sports world is Canadian hockey fans who thinks hockey belongs to them and no one else!
Lol, they can totally have hocky.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:58 PM

217 posts, read 345,173 times
also i hate the fact that i live in canada and hockey is the #1 thing around here, and in toronto i cant even go 2 minutes without seeing some guy with a leafs jersey. My dream one day is to live somewhere were the only popular sports are basketball and football.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:23 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,507,566 times
Quote:
yes but who cares about hockey anyways, im glad that the coyotes are in an un-hockey city. hopefully this way they will die out and the franchise will be lost forever, the same goes for other teams in the southern part of the US. the less hockey the better.

and also may i add that the year that the nhl had the lockout (2005 i think) was one of the best years of my life, no hockey on tv for a whole year!!!
I hope Georges Laraque hunts you down

Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,786,557 times
I love hockey, but it doesn't typically do well in the "South". It does fine in St. Louis (90% attendance this year), but St. Louis may or may not be south, and may or may not be Midwest, nobody can seem to agree.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:04 PM

9,351 posts, read 20,722,028 times
I am surprised, well actually, shocked that no one in this thread has yet to bring up the winter sports teams in New Jersey, namely, the Nets and the Devils. These two might be the only teams in professional sports where they are not even the number 1 team in their target market (the state of New Jersey supports the Knicks and Rangers overwhelmingly in the northern NJ counties, and the Flyers and the 76ers in southwest NJ. The only argument for fan support might lie somewhere in the central part of the state. Consider: The Devils won 3 Stanley Cups in 1995, 2000, and 2003, just moved into a new arena, and still can't attract anyone to the building. The NJ Nets, moving to Brooklyn, are doing so because they couldn't attract flies for several years, even after they got good with Jason Kidd, couldn't sell out their building after back to back trips to the NBA Finals. The New Jersey sports fan is a disgrace.I've been an advocate of NJ in several other areas, but their lack of support for the Nets and Devils has been inexcusable. Moreover, in the past 10 years, the NY metro area is virtually a sport city, in this case, baseball. The Knicks and Rangers aren't even championed that much anymore, how are the Devils and Nets get further exposure? The NY metro area has pretty much proven they can only support one basketball and hockey team. I remember in 2003, the year both the Devils and the Nets were in the finals, and there was more hype about the Yankees and Mets, and this was in May.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:34 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,191,684 times
I think Florida is bound to lose at least one of their major non-football sports teams. It's a miracle they still have the Marlins. It's a bad mix down there, apathetic people, warm weather state, football crazy.

I disagree big time about Buffalo. The Bills are upstate New York sports. Nothing else matters up there. In some parts they compete with the Giants, but people are hardcore football fans up there. With the way money is divided pretty fairly in the NFL, the Bills can survive just fine.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 PM
RDU

40 posts, read 140,407 times
You may hate hockey denver, but I hate the NFL being shoved down my throat, the best time of year is feburary, No NFL for 6 freaking months.

NFL= Pro Wrestling (but in the NFL you pay much more money to see something fake)

Any one who tells you otherwise is a complete idiot.

College Basketball, College Football, and MLB baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports