Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 04:42 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times

Advertisements

Who are the ones most likely to reach Semi Finals?

Expected Semi Finalists: Djokovic, Wawrinka, Federer and Nishikori.

Chasers: Tsonga, Raonic, and Murray.

Wild Card: Nadal's health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 06:26 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Current Betting odds:

Australian Open Mens Betting Odds | Tennis Betting | Oddschecker

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/...ustralian-open

Interesting, I don't think Nadal will be match fit or ready in time.
Nishikori is 6th favourite, but don't think he'll make the Semi.
Cilic unlikely to repeat his USO success.
Wawrinka played his best tennis to take the title, but still an outsider to defend the title.
Dimitrov a dark horse imo.
Probably will come down to a Djoker-Fed final, but still early days and a long lay off until mid-January.

Don't follow the WTA tour as closely, but a very open field there.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:45 PM

I think my prediction looks a lot more reasonable than the ones you have posted.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:19 PM

This article talk about Nadal's future, 2015 grand slams, etc. and all it mentioned is the Big 3, Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer.

Do you think this is somewhat disrespectful to the new Grand Slam winners Cilic, Wawrinka, and maybe even Nishikori? What about Murray...not relevant at all now?

Old 12-02-2014, 10:02 PM

[quote=Quaker15;37495414]This article talk about Nadal's future, 2015 grand slams, etc. and all it mentioned is the Big 3, Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer.

Do you think this is somewhat disrespectful to the new Grand Slam winners Cilic, Wawrinka, and maybe even Nishikori? What about Murray...not relevant at all now?[/quote]

Good question about Murray - who is a 3 times runner up in Melbourne.
The AO does suit his counterattacking game, so he is in with a shot, and is 4th favourite with the betting market.
He has had mixed fortunes this year, but finished the year strongly making it to the WTF's again.
He also should have a Top 8 ranking for the AO, which helps with Seeding and Draw - ie can't meet a Top 4 player until the QF's.
If the field opens up, as it did in NY, then yes a new Grand Slam winner could emerge as well.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:11 PM

[quote=Derek41;37496857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
If the field opens up, as it did in NY, then yes a new Grand Slam winner could emerge as well.
I don't think Djokovic will allow that, unless he got stopped by Wawrinka again.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:42 PM

351 posts, read 499,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
This article talk about Nadal's future, 2015 grand slams, etc. and all it mentioned is the Big 3, Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer.

Do you think this is somewhat disrespectful to the new Grand Slam winners Cilic, Wawrinka, and maybe even Nishikori? What about Murray...not relevant at all now?
Ball-bashing, lightning-in-a-bottle, doping Cilic?

Expect Nadal to lose early, unless his "stem cell" treatments help, like in 2013

Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Murray seem like good options for the semifinalists.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:53 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
Ball-bashing, lightning-in-a-bottle, doping Cilic?

Expect Nadal to lose early, unless his "stem cell" treatments help, like in 2013

Djokovic, Federer, Nishikori, Murray seem like good options for the semifinalists.
I don't see Nadal winning much anymore but I could be wrong. He is very resilient. His style of tennis make his body fall apart so rapidly. He is my favorite tennis player but I don't want to see him lose badly at the majors. I only hope his body recovers enough to play well this year and maybe one more.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:09 PM

Rusty return for Nadal in Qatar, preparatory lead up tournament for the AO, as to be expected:

Stopped Short: Nadal Reflects On Comeback Challenge - Tennis - ATP World Tour

In the meantime, Andy Murray has made a successful return in Perth at the Hopman Cup (ITF event) - in 44C degree heat!
Federer is playing in Brisbane this week.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:33 PM

Novak Djokovic has gone down to Ivo Karlovic in Doha:

Novak Djokovic Downed By Ivo Karlovic In Doha, Tomas Berdych Blasts Into SF - Tennis - ATP World Tour

Djoker, whilst being one of the greatest returners of the modern era, has always had trouble against genuine monster servers like Isner and Karlovic.
Luckily these 2 guys usually don't translate their great 3 set and tiebreak records well into the 5 set format, ie they often get bounced early in Slams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports