Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:56 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,972 times

Advertisements

Today the Sports World, Sports Fans and certainly ESPN have lost a Great Man! Stuart Scott, may you RIP!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 12:00 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times
Yep, he's going to be missed. For many years, he was the face of Sportscenter.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:13 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Lots of people running around heaven right now saying BOOYAH and having great laughs!

Left us way too soon. Mike and Mike are doing Stu tributes all morning, lots of great stories and memories.

RIP Stu, thanks for the great memories and amazing broadcasting and most of all, being a great person and family man.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:31 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Very sad to hear the news of Stuart yesterday. I remember during his early days, i was not a fan but over the years i grew to enjoy his stick... he will be missed on ESPN for sure.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:31 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Just curious - anyone know the last day he was on the air?

49 is way too early.

President of ESPN on Cowherd at 9:35.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:34 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just curious - anyone know the last day he was on the air?

49 is way too early.

President of ESPN on Cowherd at 9:35.
I can't remember the last time i saw him behind a desk for ESPN but he was at the ESPYs this past year and that's the last time I remember seeing him.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:22 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
"Cool Like the other side of The pillow"
Stuart Scott brought Hip Hop/R&B to Espn and Sports Center
R.I.P Stuart Scott and thank You foe entertaining us

Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Tragic loss

We lost this man far too soon. He's a great man, and his work positively impacted millions. A pure legend. Very sad to see him succumb to this disease. Just a damn shame. Here we are spending billions on political campaigns, when deadly diseases like Cancer are running rampant, prematurely ending the lives of great people like Stuart Scott.

When I watched Scott work, I didn't see a black man, I saw a vibrant, colorful, supremely talented human being, who was the best at what he did. I watched him for years, like millions of others, and he ALWAYS delivered. I'm going to miss him. He's a man who transcends race, to be the best in positively impacting all who watched him work.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:14 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
We lost this man far too soon. He's a great man, and his work positively impacted millions. A pure legend. Very sad to see him succumb to this disease. Just a damn shame. Here we are spending billions on political campaigns, when deadly diseases like Cancer are running rampant, prematurely ending the lives of great people like Stuart Scott.

When I watched Scott work, I didn't see a black man, I saw a vibrant, colorful, supremely talented human being, who was the best at what he did. I watched him for years, like millions of others, and he ALWAYS delivered. I'm going to miss him. He's a man who transcends race, to be the best in positively impacting all who watched him work.
And that impact has been shown on the cable and the network channels in regards to stories and tributes. I caught two different short segs on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams and ABC News with David Muir. The NFL Channel spent a few minutes regarding Mr. Scott. So did CNN.

And going even furthere are the reports I've seen online about different NBA cities with games being played and the announcer asking for a brief moment of silence for Stuart Scott. You don't see that type of reverence among media people in general and sports announcers in particular. But Scott earned that respect. He was a class act. He'll be greatly missed.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:16 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
And that impact has been shown on the cable and the network channels in regards to stories and tributes. I caught two different short segs on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams and ABC News with David Muir. The NFL Channel spent a few minutes regarding Mr. Scott. So did CNN.

And going even furthere are the reports I've seen online about different NBA cities with games being played and the announcer asking for a brief moment of silence for Stuart Scott. You don't see that type of reverence among media people in general and sports announcers in particular. But Scott earned that respect. He was a class act. He'll be greatly missed.
I especially liked when Rich Eisen was patched into Sportscenter from his set on the NFL Network. ESPN even went as far as to say that network affiliations don't matter at a time like this. It was very nice to see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports