U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 02:30 PM

668 posts, read 660,201 times

Advertisements

1). Pittsburgh Penguins
2). Seleção (Brazillian National Soccer Team)
3). Boston Red Sox
4). New England Patriots
5). Boston Bruins
6). Villanova
7). New Jersey Devils (damn you Scott Stevens!)
8). Alabama

Old 10-26-2018, 06:04 AM

2,538 posts, read 2,201,102 times
Depends on the year, but in general

MLB
Cubs
Red Sox
Whatever team won the world series the previous year excluding small market teams like the Royals

NBA
Warriors
Usually the Lakers but now they have LeBron so I can't hate them

College
Ohio State
Duke
North Caroina

NFL
Patriots
Seahawks
Whatever team won the Super Bowl the previous year excluding the Packers

Floyd Mayweather
Jimmie Johnson
Italian soccer

Old 10-26-2018, 07:19 AM

2,956 posts, read 4,375,270 times
My list of deplorables (thanks Hillary for the coined term)

MLB
Yankees - Consistently the best team money can buy.

NFL
Green Bay - No competition thanks to Green Bay fans and their Prima Donna quarterbacks. Once upon a time I actually liked them.

San Francisco

I'm going to mention the Dallas Cowboys as a team that I've hated ever since Drew Pearson's offensive pass interference call that WASN'T CALLED. Otherwise known as Staubach's "Hail Mary" pass. The "America's Team" thing got really old too. I've since tempered that past hatred and pretty much look at the Cowboys as just another team now. Mostly because of some of their past players who arose in the 80's and 90's who were class acts like Emmett Smith and Troy Aikman

NBA
Any team with LeBron on it. I'm so sick of him thinking he's above the team ownerships, coaches, and even the league. This league is full of the biggest egos in professional sports, but he's the worst.

NHL
Don't follow the league enough to have any teams that rub me wrong.

MMA
Conner McGregor - He's a jerk. Pure and simple.

Boxing
No current boxers bug me much now. Wasn't that way in the past. Ali was a jerk, pure and simple. A talented jerk, but still a monstrous jerk. Never once did I root for him.

College
South Dakota State - Our big rival at U. of S.D.

Florida State - Enough with the war chant and tomahawk chop. It's more demeaning to Native Americans than any nickname AND it offends me even though I'm not a Native American.

Alabama Football - I'm soooo tired of them being so good. I guess it's an admiring hatred.

Ohio State Football - I think it's pretty apparent by now this is a tainted program willing to do anything to stay on top. I was absolutely THRILLED watching Purdue destroy the Buckeyes last week.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:10 AM

5,047 posts, read 2,729,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
My list of deplorables (thanks Hillary for the coined term)
Hillary? WHO?

Old 10-27-2018, 08:16 AM

4,638 posts, read 3,731,822 times
Default The CAT wants to play

I can make this a very long list, but since HALLOWEEN is right around the corner, I will keep it to the point.

NFL
DALLAS COWBOYS For years , growing up in Texas, having this team forced upon me, being surrounded by rude obnoxious fans, being unable to go anywhere without hearing from them, unable to turn a TV or a radio on without talk about them, the only way to shut them up was when the Cowboys lost. And I lived in Dallas, attended many games at the old Texas Stadium. Cowboys fans are some of the least intelligent when it comes to pure football, in that they lack more knowledge of the game than most. BUT I will say this: When Tom Landry was the coach, the team had more class and accountability. The current (scumbag) owner does not care what type of criminal, thug, or drug addict he hires,...and then whines when they fail as a result.

BOSTON/NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS For years, this was my least favorite team. The CHEATING is not recent, they have been doing that since the 1970's. But they fell to number two on the list when Jones showed up in Dallas. And at least they do not tolerate criminals on the team.

BUFFALOES I am a FINZ FAN.

DENVER BRONCOS It's a John Elway Mr Ed thing

HOMELESS CHARGERS Really do not hate them, just love making jokes about them

CHICAGO BEARS Met a lot of very rude very obnoxious and very unpleasant Bears fans. . Not sure if they are all that way but have not met any yet who are not. So for now they stay ON THE LIST!!!!

MLB

TEXAS RANGERS They disappointed me for years growing up. I thin the proverbial straw that fractured the camelid's vertebrae was when future President George Bush (who is a nice guy in real life) chose Nolan Ryan over Jack Morris. The Rangers finished 6 games out of first. Ryan won 8 Jack Morris won 21

Chicago Cubs See the last team on the NFL list

NBA
None really. I am not a big fan, and I enjoy just watching a game in person when I can (which is very rarely)

NHL

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS This is not so much about the fans, but about our Local LIGHTNING having been taken out of the playoffs by the Blackhawks recently

WASHINGTON CAPITALS This is not so much about the team, but about our Local LIGHTNING having been taken out of the playoffs by the CAPITALS recently

COLLEGE
TEXAS A&M The ex went there as did her farger . I have never met a more unfriendly, cliquish group of humans
As one respected person summed it up well: "Aggies are a unique bunch. They have a very limited, narrow view of the world, and if you do not agree with them on everything all the time, then they want nothing to do with you." That is pretty much it Oh...and they seem to be one of the more investigated and oft sanctioned teams in the NCAA they are due for another one any time now

NOTRE DAME Wonder how these "good Catholics" of this school get away with being such rude, obnoxious and vulgar fans?

BAYLOR Another group of phony people who act all pious on the outside but underneath, are mostly jerks

ANNOUNCERS
Vern Lundquist Thank God and Union Pacific he's gone
Gary Danielson What a LOSER !!!!!!
Jack Buck and Troy Aikmen Maybe they should call golf? no emotion needed there

GOLF
TIGER WOODS

RASSLIN
THE WWE and Vince McMahon Jr....... RASSLIN USED TO BE fun to watch when I was a kid. It is not anymore

Old 10-27-2018, 12:49 PM

1,631 posts, read 1,910,901 times
The Dodgers and the Red Sox.

Not a a good WS for me. ��

Old 10-28-2018, 08:45 AM

2,956 posts, read 4,375,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Well, apparently their belief is that they'll be forgiven by confessing to a priest within the privacy of a confessional. They believe it helps them earn their way into heaven.

I'm offended that you think this is what Catholics believe will get you to heaven. I'm Catholic and I can tell you that the more money you pay, the closer to heaven you'll get. Got to get the priorities in order.

Notre Dame fans have no lock on being rude and obnoxious over fans from many of the state run institutions.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:54 AM

5,047 posts, read 2,729,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I'm offended that you think this is what Catholics believe will get you to heaven. I'm Catholic and I can tell you that the more money you pay, the closer to heaven you'll get. Got to get the priorities in order. <snip>
Thanks. I was misinformed. My bad.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:21 PM

16,178 posts, read 20,188,186 times
There is no specific mod who covers Sports.

Any thread title that includes the word "hate" bounds to cross the line. Plus this thread is nine years old. And the last couple posts have me convinced this thread needs to be retired.

Thread to remain closed.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; Yesterday at 07:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or