Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 06:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I think part of the appeal for Tiger was being black. He was definitely a great golfer, but he probably doesn't blow up as much if he were just another white golfer. The equivalent to Tiger might be when the first woman makes the NBA or NFL. She'll be insanely popular.

A woman will never make it to the NBA. It wouldn't happen in a million years. Even the best LPGA player or WTA player couldn't SNIFF the PGA or men's Tour. Annika Sorenstam played a lower level PGA event when she was the clear best female player in the world and she couldn't even make the cut.

Serena would get CUT UP by the 500th ranked man on the men's tennis tour just like John Mac said.

The NBA is an EVEN bigger mountain to climb in battle of sexes because the physicality is even more pronounced than in a sport like golf or tennis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 07:11 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
A woman will never make it to the NBA. It wouldn't happen in a million years. Even the best LPGA player or WTA player couldn't SNIFF the PGA or men's Tour. Annika Sorenstam played a lower level PGA event when she was the clear best female player in the world and she couldn't even make the cut.

Serena would get CUT UP by the 500th ranked man on the men's tennis tour just like John Mac said.

The NBA is an EVEN bigger mountain to climb in battle of sexes because the physicality is even more pronounced than in a sport like golf or tennis.
I dunno, Keeth...

Women are some of the best three-point shooters in the WNBA and in college. I understand your thinking in the overall physicality part, but women can out-finesse men in many areas other than just brute strength. I'd be careful about painting such broad strokes in general.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:56 AM

167 posts, read 125,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
I dunno, Keeth...

Women are some of the best three-point shooters in the WNBA and in college. I understand your thinking in the overall physicality part, but women can out-finesse men in many areas other than just brute strength. I'd be careful about painting such broad strokes in general.
Jimmer Fredette was a great shooter in college, but he's spending his prime years in China. Even very skilled people still need size and other physical gifts to release a shot over NBA defenders, not fall down on every screen, defend, sprint up and down the court, get a rebound, move within team schemes and get open.

Anyway, to get back to what Eddie said, basketball has its own examples of players whose popularity was multiplied by their race - Yao, Lin.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:00 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Let's be clear. Tiger Woods is 3/4 Thai, and 1/4 Black, yet the media identifies him as "Black". His father was 1/2 Thai, and 1/2 Black. His Mother was 100% Thai.

ESPN has become a product of Disney who owns them. A Far Left, Progressive propaganda TOOL.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
I dunno, Keeth...

There isn't a woman alive (nor has there ever been) that could compete with the likes of the top 100 in tennis, or golf, or hockey or basketball. I am sorry to say to you but it will never happen.

A GREAT example is the US women's hockey team. They have on occasion competed against high school hockey teams and still lose. Let that sink in your head. And they were playing non-CHECKING in these examples.

Warroad High School edges Team USA women

Also, the women's soccer team got beat by under 15 squad as well. LMAO

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/

I am sorry to break it to you, in physical or even non-physical sports, women can not and never have been able to compete with men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Let's be clear. Tiger Woods is 3/4 Thai, and 1/4 Black, yet the media identifies him as "Black". His father was 1/2 Thai, and 1/2 Black. His Mother was 100% Thai.

I've never ONCE heard this.

I have heard Earl had some Native American and for sure he wasn't full "black" but I have NEVER heard he was half Thai. I don't know where in the world you heard that. As I said he has a bunch of stuff going on in his ancestry but I have never heard of him being half Thai.

I do agree with you that the MSM has hijacked Woods to their own perverse agenda and I don't believe they are honest in anything they do. I agree with you there.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:56 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

ESPN has become a product of Disney who owns them. A Far Left, Progressive propaganda TOOL.
LOL, Earl Woods father was a black guy from Manhattan, KS. His mother was named Maude Carter (prior to marriage.

I wonder how many Maude Carters are running around Thailand.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
LOL, Earl Woods father was a black guy from Manhattan, KS. His mother was named Maude Carter (prior to marriage.

I wonder how many Maude Carters are running around Thailand.
Earl wasn't full African though.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM

783 posts, read 576,740 times
In no particular order...

NBA Legend Chris Dudley
Dan Girardi
Big Country
Ricky Bobby
Rick DiPietro

Old 08-22-2017, 10:33 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post

With transgenderism basically in its infancy, who knows what will happen in 50 or 100 years. With the right training, genetics and hormones who knows what biological females will be able to do.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:09 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
The notion that ANY AND EVERY mention of athletes of color means reverse discrimination, so that some dude has to respond with white dudes.........!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports