U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 01:01 PM

10,502 posts, read 14,300,474 times

Advertisements

I made a list of what may be the top 10 starting quarterbacks and do not think any would traded away.
When Tom Brady retires who will replace him in your opinion and why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 08:49 PM

908 posts, read 616,931 times
Johnny Manziel.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:30 PM

31,414 posts, read 25,177,807 times
that will depend on when brady finally retires. chances are the patriots draft a QB in the next two seasons though.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:09 AM

5,621 posts, read 4,102,721 times
un-replaceable. The Pats will likely never have another QB like Brady... at least not in our lifetimes.

I couldn't help but laugh at the commercials trying to hype the Brady/Rodgers (packers vs Patriots) matchup... as if Rodgers and Brady are even comparable. Brady is the GOAT. Rodgers, even though his name comes up a lot, is not really even in the conversation.. Rodgers is great, not saying he is not. But his teams consistently under perform in Jan.. maybe its not his fault.. and maybe its not Bradys fault that the Pats have been to 8 Super Bowls, but i kind of think it is...

I expect the Patriots to endure several years of hardship once Brady goes.. and once Brady goes, Bellichick will not be far behind..

Old 11-06-2018, 08:15 AM

3,669 posts, read 1,305,406 times
Peterman- the QB in Buffalo!

Old 11-06-2018, 08:41 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,921,229 times
Jacoby Brissett, oh wait, nevermind.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:42 PM

6,338 posts, read 3,260,915 times
Probably some kid currently playing QB in high school that we haven't heard of yet.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:24 AM

1,500 posts, read 907,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
un-replaceable. The Pats will likely never have another QB like Brady... at least not in our lifetimes.

I couldn't help but laugh at the commercials trying to hype the Brady/Rodgers (packers vs Patriots) matchup... as if Rodgers and Brady are even comparable. Brady is the GOAT. Rodgers, even though his name comes up a lot, is not really even in the conversation.. Rodgers is great, not saying he is not. But his teams consistently under perform in Jan.. maybe its not his fault.. and maybe its not Bradys fault that the Pats have been to 8 Super Bowls, but i kind of think it is... ..
Amen; good post.

My opinion, only current quarterback in the conversation (right now) with Brady, is Brees. Comparable stats & longevity. Brees just doesn't have the Lombardis..
Rodgers doesn't belong in that mix yet..

We might get a Brady-Brees Bowl this year tho. Would be cool ~

Old 11-16-2018, 08:36 AM

50,127 posts, read 40,522,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

I couldn't help but laugh at the commercials trying to hype the Brady/Rodgers (packers vs Patriots) matchup... as if Rodgers and Brady are even comparable. Brady is the GOAT. Rodgers, even though his name comes up a lot, is not really even in the conversation.. Rodgers is great, not saying he is not. But his teams consistently under perform in Jan.. maybe its not his fault.. and maybe its not Bradys fault that the Pats have been to 8 Super Bowls, but i kind of think it is...

I expect the Patriots to endure several years of hardship once Brady goes.. and once Brady goes, Bellichick will not be far behind..
Comparing players like Rodgers and Brady is nearly impossible given their rareness.

It's like predicting the auction value of an antique pistol......there are comparables.
Now predict the auction value of an antique pistol that was owned by say....Billy the Kid...it just got a lot harder.

Furthermore, you have the impact of coaching, defense etc. which makes comparing between two players on the basis of wins or superbowls less indicative.

If we're talking Tennis, boxing, swimming etc. it's all about championships, titles, gold medals.

In team sports the weight of those distinctions starts to diminish, even for a quarterback who has the most impact of any one football player but is still only on the field for about half the plays.

Good bar discussion but no way anyone can craft a clear cut argument for GOAT like you can for other sports.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:18 PM

10,033 posts, read 2,716,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Amen; good post.

My opinion, only current quarterback in the conversation (right now) with Brady, is Brees. Comparable stats & longevity. Brees just doesn't have the Lombardis..
Rodgers doesn't belong in that mix yet..

We might get a Brady-Brees Bowl this year tho. Would be cool ~

I hope it is either Rivers-Brees, or Mahomes-Brees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or