U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 07:37 PM

9,999 posts, read 2,694,693 times

Advertisements

I've enjoyed playing and watching a lot of tennis...since the 1960s...and this era of 'The Big Four' is/has been one of the best, if not the best.

I'm a bit sad that the second youngest of the four (Murray is one week older than Djokovic) will be gone from the main tour, but it is certainly understandable that he doesn't want to play in pain, and when he can't be at his best.

He's married now, has two daughters, and certainly is set financially (he's fourth all time on the men's tournament earnings list, after the other three 'members' of The Big Four (Djokovic, Federer, and Nadal)).

I wish him the best, thank him for his play that we were privileged to witness, hope he is eventually pain free, wish him joy re raising his kids/nurturing his family life, and success re future endeavors.

I also hope the the other three pillars of The Big Four...still the top three players in the world...continue to delight us with exciting matches .

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ustralian-open
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 03:22 AM

2,620 posts, read 1,767,520 times
Wish him all the best.
Would like to see him go out a winner, wherever that may be.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:31 AM

2,826 posts, read 1,449,252 times
So awful to know he is in constant pain. As a lover of the game my heart breaks for him. An athlete’s body wrecked at 32...it’s cruel.

Old Today, 07:04 PM

8 posts, read 751 times
He just had hip resurfacing surgery like Bob Bryan who is a pro doubles tennis player. Maybe his career isn't over just yet! Maybe he did the surgery not to come back to playing or to better his quality of life in the future?

Singles requires more court coverage compared to doubles so the jury is still out there if this will work. Regardless if he plays again professionally, I wish him well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or