U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 02:43 PM

7,774 posts, read 4,338,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I guess you forgot how large the Kentucky Derby crowd was. Close to 10 times more that he ever performed before.

Worth repeating that if an 1100 pound thoroughbred is going to suddenly bolt, there is little a 112 pound or so jockey is going to do about it.
So, why didn't he spook at the beginning or the race (when that cheer went up) or at any point throughout it? As I've said twice now, yes, there was noise, but it was constant. Suspicious that he "spooked" JUST at the exact moment other horses were gaining on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 112 times
I was there in the infield, right by the last turn and let me tell you the crowd was deafeningly loud. We all screamed and cheered even louder right as the horses were passing by so it definitely makes sense to me why this could’ve spooked the horse.

But at the end of the day with all this disqualification madness, I’m just so thankful all the horses stayed upright and safe. These horses are incredible, majestic machines, as well as, top notch athletes and it would’ve been a tragedy if any of them were harmed.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:01 PM

475 posts, read 94,226 times
Saez ain’t a 1st time offender: He has a history of interfering/impeding. I ain’t sure why a trainer or owner would use him

I can’t imagine why Max’s owner and trainer would use him again - Saez cost ‘em $millions. Saez is a good rider (usually), but he ain’t in my top 20. Max deserves better

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ns/3695262002/

Last edited by TonyNC; 05-22-2019 at 01:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or