Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 08:49 AM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
First his mother was ranting about the Australian authorities "torturing" Djokovic, then his father was calling his deportation an "assassination attempt", and claiming that the decision against him was racially motivated because they are Serbs. His parents both sound bonkers, and I'd say that the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

The Australian Open officials made it clear from the start that all players need to be vaccinated, regardless of the their nationality, religion or genetic background - wild claims about bigotry from the Djokovic camp notwithstanding. In fact, they are also requiring all spectators be vaccinated - no doubt, they don't want the tourney to be a super-spreader event..

Djokovic, whether due to political passions or misguided medical views, wants to be an anti-vax warrior and say that no one can make him get the vaccine. Fine, then he doesn't play in tournaments requiring it for entry. It should be very simple.
The UK has come up with a system where an athlete will quarantine for 10 days upon arrival, but can be released early with a negative Covid test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 10:12 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
The alleged hotel conditions (that I read about) to which Djokovic was subjected sound horrific.
Have you seen the proof of his torture and the assassination attempt? If so, please share it. Why do you think the Australians hate Serbs?

Old 01-17-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
lets hope so.

"super spreader" for what, the sniffles? tennis players are the most fit althletes on the planet. novak is probably more healthy than every single soul on the planet except for a few. Covidians just have to keep pushing this thing and its sad.
Maybe English is your second language, but spectators must be vaccinated also, and even if athletes generally have a milder course, it wouldn't make sense to say that all the Australian people need to be vaccinated, but we give the athletes a pass.

With over 5 million dead worldwide, why do you need to invent a conspiracy as the explanation for why the scientific, medical and public health community urge vaccination?

Old 01-17-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Have you seen the proof of his torture and the assassination attempt? If so, please share it. Why do you think the Australians hate Serbs?
Can you elaborate? My comment referred to the alleged hotel conditions reported by some media.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Can you elaborate? My comment referred to the alleged hotel conditions reported by some media.
What is for me to elaborate on? You responded to my post complaining about the wild and preposterous allegations from the Djokovic camp by bolstering them. So I said show me the proof that they are correct, and asked you to rationalize one of them.

Old 01-17-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
What is for me to elaborate on? You responded to my post complaining about the wild and preposterous allegations from the Djokovic camp by bolstering them. So I said show me the proof that they are correct, and asked you to rationalize one of them.

All you have to do is Google it. The alleged hotel conditions where Djokovic was held were reported by various media outlets. Not sure who the sources of information were or how correct they were.

Old 01-17-2022, 11:50 AM

813 posts, read 402,089 times
Quote:
The alleged hotel conditions (that I read about) to which Djokovic was subjected sound horrific.
Isn't the hotel used for other detainees? Wouldn't that mean he is being treated fairly? Or do you feel he is owed special treatment because of his status and wealth?

Old 01-17-2022, 11:57 AM

813 posts, read 402,089 times
Quote:
This is ridiculous. My understanding is Australia is the only country in the world with rules like this. Not that it matters, but I will never visit Australia again, nor watch the Australian Open. He abided by the rules, was given clearance to enter the country by the Victorian government and should be allowed to play, period.
"The French Sports Ministry said on Monday there would be no exemption from a new vaccine pass law approved on Sunday, which requires people to have vaccination certificates to enter public places such as restaurants, cafes and cinemas.

"This will apply to everyone who is a spectator or a professional sportsperson. And this until further notice," the ministry said.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ry-2022-01-17/

Looks like you will have to cross France and the French Open off your list too.

Old 01-17-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
im not going to argue with a Covidian here. as its not the place. but i will just say this: i dont subscribe to what you subscribe to nor will i ever choose to live in fear.
Acknowledging reality and taking common-sense, science-based steps to reduce danger is not "living in fear". I'd call making up conspiracy theories to explain the world around you "living in fear".

Old 01-17-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafellow View Post
"The French Sports Ministry said on Monday there would be no exemption from a new vaccine pass law approved on Sunday, which requires people to have vaccination certificates to enter public places such as restaurants, cafes and cinemas.

"This will apply to everyone who is a spectator or a professional sportsperson. And this until further notice," the ministry said.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ry-2022-01-17/

Looks like you will have to cross France and the French Open off your list too.
And like in Australia, this requirement pertains to ALL who would attend or participate. I am sure this won't stop Djokovic from claiming that he's being persecuted because he's Serbian and he's being tortured by the French tennis authorities, when they're not trying to assassinate him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports