U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 08:02 PM

658 posts, read 631,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Also, Djokovic should serve prison sentences in Spain and Serbia, because he broke the law in both those countries when being in public while being covid positive.
I agree.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 08:07 PM

658 posts, read 631,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
im not going to argue with a Covidian here. as its not the place. but i will just say this: i dont subscribe to what you subscribe to nor will i ever choose to live in fear.
We all live in fear of something, though. Fear is part of the human condition and you've lived with it for as long as you've had both of your amygdalae. Fear helps humans assess risk and stay safe. It's part of our core survival process. There is no reason to act like fear is an enemy or a monster. You don't need to be terrorized by the idea of being afraid. There's no reason to chuck all precautions when those precautions are logical just because you don't want to appear afraid to others. (They tell you being afraid makes you weak and it doesn't.)

Existing in a blind panic or under a level of hysteria that makes you non functional would be intolerable and a high level of suffering for anyone, but just having a healthy dose of fear shows that you have a healthy working brain that's looking out for you. You might be afraid of someone else getting sick and then not like, sneeze on them when you're sick. You might be afraid of getting cancer (a common fear).

We all have fears. Some big some small, some personal and some more global and some specific and some vague. That doesn't make a person less worthy of any good thing on this earth. Plus you can't even be brave without first being afraid. Bravery and courage rely on fear to even exist.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:13 PM

4,802 posts, read 2,564,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
I agree.
I didn’t realize Novak had been found guilty of a crime in either country. Please post link.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:18 PM

2,066 posts, read 611,667 times
Never really into men's tennis much. It's ok, but I'd rather watch female tennis. So, I don't really care about Djokovic. And besides, I do find him cocky and arrogant with no sportsmanship whatsoever. So I'm not a big fan of him.

Anyways, so far, the AO is shaping up to be quite a tournament...

Old 01-18-2022, 04:11 AM

9,337 posts, read 3,270,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Plus there will be no legitimacy whatsoever to the winner since the world’s #1 player wasn’t allowed in the tournament.
Nadal was ranked #1 and was Defending Champion at 2009 Wimbledon and Did Not Play.
Nadal had won 2008 Wimbledon and also won 2010 Wimbledon.

Also Nadal was Defending Champion at 2014 US Open and Did Not Play.
And Nadal was Defending Champion at 2020 US Open and Did Not Play, and he also Did Not Play 2021 US Open.

But the winners of that 2009 Wimbledon (Federer) and 2014, 2020, 2021 US Opens were still legit winners.

And Nadal actually deserved to be at those events (but was injured, or skipped 2021 US Open for covid safety reasons) while Djokovic doesn't even deserve to be in Australia, and will also not be welcome at 2022 Roland Garros-
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ry-2022-01-17/
Quote:
PARIS, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic risks being frozen out of tennis as he chases a record 21st Grand Slam title, with rules on travellers who are unvaccinated against COVID-19 tightening in the third year of the pandemic and some tournaments reconsidering exemptions.

The Serbian, who has not been vaccinated, was deported from Australia on Sunday ahead of the Australian Open after losing a court case to have the cancellation of his visa overturned.

Under Australian law, Djokovic cannot get another visa for three years - denying him the chance to add to his nine titles at Melbourne Park - but the government has left the door open for a possible return next year. read more

The world number one, however, faces more immediate hurdles in his bid to overtake Swiss Roger Federer and Spaniard Rafa Nadal, with whom he is tied on 20 major titles, as he could be barred from the French Open as things stand.

The French Sports Ministry said on Monday there would be no exemption from a new vaccine pass law approved on Sunday, which requires people to have vaccination certificates to enter public places such as restaurants, cafes and cinemas.

"This will apply to everyone who is a spectator or a professional sportsperson. And this until further notice," the ministry said.

"As far as Roland Garros is concerned, it's in May. The situation may change between now and then and we hope it'll be more favourable. So we'll see but clearly there's no exemption."

Old 01-18-2022, 04:51 AM

182 posts, read 87,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
im not going to argue with a Covidian here. as its not the place. but i will just say this: i dont subscribe to what you subscribe to nor will i ever choose to live in fear.

By that "logic", wearing your seat belt or locking your door or taking any precaution is 'living in fear'. Which, of course, it's not - that's just your nonsensical spin.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:04 AM

4,802 posts, read 2,564,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Nadal was ranked #1 and was Defending Champion at 2009 Wimbledon and Did Not Play.
Nadal had won 2008 Wimbledon and also won 2010 Wimbledon.

Also Nadal was Defending Champion at 2014 US Open and Did Not Play.
And Nadal was Defending Champion at 2020 US Open and Did Not Play, and he also Did Not Play 2021 US Open.

But the winners of that 2009 Wimbledon (Federer) and 2014, 2020, 2021 US Opens were still legit winners.

And Nadal actually deserved to be at those events (but was injured, or skipped 2021 US Open for covid safety reasons) while Djokovic doesn't even deserve to be in Australia, and will also not be welcome at 2022 Roland Garros-
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ry-2022-01-17/
There is a huge difference between choosing not to play and being told you cannot play. There will NOT be a legit male winner this year since Djokovic was not allowed to be in the tournament.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:06 AM

455 posts, read 150,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Never really into men's tennis much. It's ok, but I'd rather watch female tennis. So, I don't really care about Djokovic. And besides, I do find him cocky and arrogant with no sportsmanship whatsoever. So I'm not a big fan of him.

Anyways, so far, the AO is shaping up to be quite a tournament...
ive never seen him as anything other than a decent guy. just because he doesnt subscribe to the Covidians' hysteria, i guess thats going to rub the Covidians wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohilus View Post

By that "logic", wearing your seat belt or locking your door or taking any precaution is 'living in fear'. Which, of course, it's not - that's just your nonsensical spin.
its basically like a cold. i had something a few weeks ago (pretty sure it was this thing going around) and basically i had a bad cold. the fact that were shutting down and destroying western civilization over what amounts to a cold...well, all i will say is this, private equity is behind all of it. and were all forced to nod our heads and act like its as bad as the BLACK DEATH. we have lost our minds to continue to play this game. Novak is a hero, in my view.

Quote:
I’m reading that French officials may reconsider the stipulations. They have several months to do so.
like i said before i even heard this, i think all four majors will ban him. that is how far all of these countries have lost their minds in the last year (France England and USA - in addition to Australia).

Old 01-18-2022, 08:37 AM

565 posts, read 457,362 times
Quote:
By that "logic", wearing your seat belt or locking your door or taking any precaution is 'living in fear'
No, locking your door is not likely to cause you to prematurely have a stroke or heart attack like getting the "vaccine" is.

If this was just a fringe theory and Djokovic was an adherent of a strange cult, then maybe, but there is tons of evidence out there that these "vaccines" are harmful especially to younger men.

So the shot does not prevent you from getting COVID, it doesn't prevent you from spreading COVID, and it is the most harmful "vaccine" ever created, yet governments all around the world are desperate for everyone to get it. Suspicious yet?

Old 01-18-2022, 08:59 AM

363 posts, read 249,307 times
Quote:
There is a huge difference between choosing not to play and being told you cannot play. There will NOT be a legit male winner this year since Djokovic was not allowed to be in the tournament.
Can you legally prove it? I don't think so.

Will the winners during covid years (2020, 2021 and 2022) have an asterisk next to their names? I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports