U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 12:35 AM

9,114 posts, read 6,297,599 times

Advertisements

I was never a big fan of the winter olympics. Only things I really watch are curling & the hockey. They should move a couple of these "winter" sports that get played in the summer to the winter, get a couple more events instead of all skiing, and ice skating. I know why they play basketball in the summer, but for over 80% of the world it's a sport played in the winter, so they should move that. Handball, like basketball, is a sport that's played in the winter season in the majority of the world and unlike basketball I don't have a clue why that's played in the summer games.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 01:03 AM

904 posts, read 405,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I was never a big fan of the winter olympics. Only things I really watch are curling & the hockey. They should move a couple of these "winter" sports that get played in the summer to the winter, get a couple more events instead of all skiing, and ice skating. I know why they play basketball in the summer, but for over 80% of the world it's a sport played in the winter, so they should move that. Handball, like basketball, is a sport that's played in the winter season in the majority of the world and unlike basketball I don't have a clue why that's played in the summer games.
Disagreed. All sports must have snow or ice.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:35 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,034,016 times
Seriously?

Speed skating is riveting. Ski Jumping! Cross Country!

I am so much more a Winter Olympics fan than a summer…. We lived in Salt Lake during 2002.

And as a kid - in Wisconsin - we were constantly watching speed skating on our local lakes.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:57 AM

7,104 posts, read 10,848,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Seriously?

Speed skating is riveting. Ski Jumping! Cross Country!

I am so much more a Winter Olympics fan than a summer…. We lived in Salt Lake during 2002.

And as a kid - in Wisconsin - we were constantly watching speed skating on our local lakes.
Me too, LOVE the Winter Olympics! Someday I really want to go as a spectator.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:14 AM

4,668 posts, read 7,125,797 times
The memorable visual display of the opening ceremonies, directed by filmmaker Zhang Yimou, was beautiful – dazzling, in fact. And the emphasis on little kids was great. I'm going to watch it all again. Then, by having Uyghur, cross-country skier Dinigeer Yilamujiang, be co-lighter of the Olympic Flame, they stuck it to the Western leaders, who don't approve of the way the Chinese government is running their increasingly prosperous country.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:34 AM

2,070 posts, read 612,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Yes!! $4.99 for a month of Peacock channel to watch every Olympic event is really expensive. Those people are really greedy.
Is it only $4.99? Did not know it was that cheap. My bad, I’ll subscribe for a month and check it out!

Old 02-05-2022, 07:32 PM

39,215 posts, read 69,704,034 times
I'm be staying up all night to watch events live whenever possible. No sleep for the next 2 weeks! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
Hockey!
How exciting!

Old 02-05-2022, 08:15 PM

17,637 posts, read 6,785,933 times
My enthusiasm for the Olympics peaked in 1980 with the miracle on ice, & has gone straight downhill from there.

I have zero interest left in any of it, & will not watch 1 minute of it.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:41 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,952,340 times
New zealand just wins their first ever winter gold in womens slopestyle.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:33 PM

904 posts, read 405,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
New zealand just wins their first ever winter gold in womens slopestyle.
That's fitting, 30 years ago New Zealand was the first Southern-hemisphere nation to win an winter medal, silver in alpine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports