U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2022, 09:07 AM
 
22,847 posts, read 14,437,857 times
Reputation: 38301

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Seriously. On manufactured snow.

She’s already great. She doesn’t need this.
I saw her win the World Cup SL on Thanksgiving Sunday at Killington. That’s always 100% man made snow. They dump water on it after making snow. It’s basically ice. They have to resurface Superstar after the race. It’s unskiable for a recreational skier and the trail is closed until they can blow snow on it for a couple of days. That’s done on every SL and GS racecourse. She has won the SL event at Killington the five times it’s been held there. Until I sold it last May, that was the view out my living room and master bedroom window.

I doubt the surface in China was any different from any other World Cup SL or GS course. It’s intentionally rock-hard. It would rut up after the first few racers otherwise.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2022, 09:20 AM
 
Location: The DMV
5,961 posts, read 9,995,897 times
Reputation: 7432
Lindsey Jacobellis finally won her Gold in snowboard cross. The first gold for USA in this Olympics...

But after 16 years since her hot dog move that cost her the gold, she finally got it.
I remember shaking my head watching her doing that board grab and wiping out. But being wiser myself. I do have to hand it to her for persevering. I believe she is the most decorated in her sport - and finally getting that gold.

Many say she deserved this medal. I don't know if I agree with that term as I don't think any deserves it. But she definitely EARNED it. Congrats!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2022, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Etobicoke
907 posts, read 405,954 times
Reputation: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Lindsey Jacobellis finally won her Gold in snowboard cross. The first gold for USA in this Olympics...

But after 16 years since her hot dog move that cost her the gold, she finally got it.
I remember shaking my head watching her doing that board grab and wiping out. But being wiser myself. I do have to hand it to her for persevering. I believe she is the most decorated in her sport - and finally getting that gold.

Many say she deserved this medal. I don't know if I agree with that term as I don't think any deserves it. But she definitely EARNED it. Congrats!
Like her, Queralt Castellet who has participated in her fifth Olympics has finally won a medal (silver) in the half-pipe snowboard, something Canada has yet to do in this discipline.

Congratulations to Chloe Kim.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2022, 11:42 PM
 
8,417 posts, read 4,717,882 times
Reputation: 5215
Congratulations to Nathan Chen.

Now what will be the outcome of the team figure skating controversy?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2022, 12:39 AM
 
16,451 posts, read 13,859,868 times
Reputation: 28506
The snowboarding events have been fun to watch. I'm a fan of Shaun White and Chloe Kim. Both did really well. And congratulations to Chloe for the gold Since Shaun is hanging up his board after this year, I'd love to seem him take the gold one more time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2022, 02:50 AM
 
Location: Pacific Northwest
3,286 posts, read 1,326,701 times
Reputation: 4475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Congratulations to Nathan Chen.

Now what will be the outcome of the team figure skating controversy?
Nathan had a fantastic performance tonight, glad to see him win the gold.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2022, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Etobicoke
907 posts, read 405,954 times
Reputation: 554
Shaun White had an emotional farewell after his fourth place finish. It looks like its his time. Ayumu Hirano was the winner.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2022, 01:38 AM
 
16,451 posts, read 13,859,868 times
Reputation: 28506
The snowboarding competitions were so exciting. Disappointed for Shaun but he's had a great run and will always be one that young snowboarders aspire to.

Got to see Nathan Chen skate tonight (haven't been watching too much of the events) and he's phenomenal. I watched some of the women's giant slalom this afternoon. Very exciting and the speeds. They could keep up with me on the freeway.

Lots of fun watching these events. Takes my mind off all the other garbage going on in the world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2022, 06:42 AM
 
456 posts, read 151,813 times
Reputation: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
Shaun White had an emotional farewell after his fourth place finish. It looks like its his time. Ayumu Hirano was the winner.
the rest of the world caught up to snowboarding - was it an Ameri-centric sport at first, hence why he came from America?. Father Time caught up to White. wanted him to get one more medal but it wasnt to be. he has his own clothing line in Target i suspect hes going to be alright financially.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2022, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Upstate
8,167 posts, read 8,390,532 times
Reputation: 7253
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
the rest of the world caught up to snowboarding - was it an Ameri-centric sport at first, hence why he came from America?. Father Time caught up to White. wanted him to get one more medal but it wasnt to be. he has his own clothing line in Target i suspect hes going to be alright financially.
Shaun White is about the only American winter Olympic athlete that casual observing American's know.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top