U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 10:17 PM

904 posts, read 404,543 times

Advertisements

In spite of the controversies the games will go on ahead. The first competitions will actually take place a couple days before the opening ceremonies on Feb. 4 which would be morning in the western hemisphere. Any predictions on results, medals, tally, etc?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 11:31 AM

2,066 posts, read 610,940 times
Do I need cable tv to watch the Olympics? I try to cut the cord, but almost seems like there is something that has to drive me back to it. First, it's Fox News. And now, the Olympics!

Old 02-02-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Do I need cable tv to watch the Olympics? I try to cut the cord, but almost seems like there is something that has to drive me back to it. First, it's Fox News. And now, the Olympics!
Can you not watch the Olympics online?

Old 02-02-2022, 02:11 PM

4,668 posts, read 7,124,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Peacock streaming seems to have all the events - at least live, I'm not sure about replays, yet.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:28 AM

14,348 posts, read 8,610,016 times
I love the Olympics, summer more than winter. But I just don't have a lot of buzz about these games. I'm sure once they start, I'm watching the US Woman's Hockey Team now, I'll get more into it.

USA! USA! USA!

Old 02-03-2022, 08:29 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,033,415 times
My spouse wanted to watch the downhill last night - USA Channel 105 on DISH….

THERE IS NO SNOW on the mountains.

They would have had a better ski up in Upstate New York.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:46 AM

4,668 posts, read 7,124,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
My spouse wanted to watch the downhill last night - USA Channel 105 on DISH….

THERE IS NO SNOW on the mountains.

They would have had a better ski up in Upstate New York.
I watched part of the downhill (practice) last night. Plenty of artificial snow, just like the previous Winter Olympics.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:40 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,700,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
In spite of the controversies the games will go on ahead. The first competitions will actually take place a couple days before the opening ceremonies on Feb. 4 which would be morning in the western hemisphere. Any predictions on results, medals, tally, etc?

Summer Olympics are generally dominated by larger countries with the $$$ to invest in a wide array of athletic programs. Winter Olympics tend to involve sports that cost more money to participate in from the jump, so it skews even more heavily towards the higher GDP nations since that's mostly all who would even be able to field winter athletes. I would guess the United States, the Nordic countries, Canada etc. Not expecting any major shocks but you never know.

I mean if Italy can win the men's 100m and the men's 4 x 100m relay against the U.S. & Jamaica.......who knows what'll happen for the Winter Games.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Summer Olympics are generally dominated by larger countries with the $$$ to invest in a wide array of athletic programs. Winter Olympics tend to involve sports that cost more money to participate in from the jump, so it skews even more heavily towards the higher GDP nations since that's mostly all who would even be able to field winter athletes. I would guess the United States, the Nordic countries, Canada etc. Not expecting any major shocks but you never know.

I mean if Italy can win the men's 100m and the men's 4 x 100m relay against the U.S. & Jamaica.......who knows what'll happen for the Winter Games.
The climate and access to mountains is an important factor as well as decent wealth.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:57 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
39,378 posts, read 70,636,382 times
Here the NBC affiliate local station is carrying the Olympics, including the opening ceremonies live at 3:00 tomorrow morning. That station is available by digital antenna. We prefer watching on CBUT out of Vancouver, BC Canada, which is only available in the USA by cable. Their website for streaming is blocked from our IP addresses. We will watch whenever there is nothing better on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports