Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the worst commissioner in sports? Your pick
Selig MLB 4 25.00%
Goddell NFL 1 6.25%
Stern NBA 6 37.50%
Bettman NHL 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,446 times

Advertisements

Gary Bettman

Seriously now... 15 years ago the NHL was soaring! Games were on NBC, Fox AND ESPN, the league's popularity was so high that they decided to plant teams where there is no business being a hockey team (Nashville, really?). So yeah, Bettman is certainly the worst commissioner in sports today, possibly ever. I mean, yeah, Bud Selig is pretty bad, David Stern is no winner and Gooddell is a loser, but Bettman takes the cake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 03:43 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
lets switch to WWE instead of broadcasters. if u guys had never heard of WWE then u guys are freakin weird because that is the most coolest things on the planet. WWE is about superstars that hurt other in matches like Smackdown or raw which is on mondays. when they wrestle in maybe like extreme rules match the superstar can hit another superstar with a chair it is awesome they can get split open. i will tell u some of the coolest wrestlers of all time (undertaker,kane,daniel bryan,hornswoggle,the great khali, and stone cold steve austin). my ultimate favorite is the undertaker because he is the most scariest superstar in WWE history also he is the only superstar that has an undefeated streak he might be a 22-0 right now maybe the most surprisingly thing about him is that he has an awesome entrance. Please watch if u don't then u can kiss my ass.
That was my brother.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:17 PM

If any of you reading that comment, I apologize because my brother doesn't know any better and I already warned him not to do it again because it was unacceptable. Anyway but I still have my vote with Roger Goodell though.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:04 AM

And I have no idea why many people vote for David Stern. During a Pacer-Piston brawl, he gave Ron Artest a season ending suspension.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:51 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,235,690 times
Without a doubt, Bud Selig. He basically allowed the steroid era to happen for 10+ years, and he's done nothing to address the fact games are needlessly getting longer and less interesting (speaking as someone who has attended many, many major league and minor league games in my lifetime, especially since 2001).

Old 04-26-2014, 06:36 PM

255 posts, read 402,492 times
Selig has ruined baseball for me

-extended playoffs
-inter-league play
-all star game decides home field for WS
- luxury tax
- regulations on foreign player signings.
- and now instant replay

he's been an absolute disgrace and he's single handily ruined baseball.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I can list a lot of reasons why I think Bud Selig is the worst. But I just go back to the 2002 all star game where the game went into extra innings, the game wasn't finished, and the players were pulled off the field. This city was his stomping grounds.

The fans responded with resounding booing and threw trash and plastic beer bottles on the field for several minutes. And it was captured on telvision, all of it. Disgusting!
Why, what's wrong with Bud? I don't mind Selig. I don't like Goodell.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:15 PM

To me, someone has to get a new commissioner for the NFL. David Stern is no longer the commissioner for the NBA as he stepped down and was replaced by Adam Silver (something like that) who banned Lakers owner Donald Sterling for life after making racist comments.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:03 PM

248 posts, read 310,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
To me, someone has to get a new commissioner for the NFL. David Stern is no longer the commissioner for the NBA as he stepped down and was replaced by Adam Silver (something like that) who banned Lakers owner Donald Sterling for life after making racist comments.
You mean Clippers.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarti View Post
You mean Clippers.

Yes that is what I meant. Thank you for corrections!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports