U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 160 85.11%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 28 14.89%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 09:11 AM

27,798 posts, read 24,852,825 times

Advertisements

If you visit August/Aiken area in Georgia, South Carolina - you can put together your own "holiday" and visit several of the courses in the area - beautiful in my opinion. Public courses or semi private.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is the mecca for golfing - hundreds of courses. If you go during the winter months it can be cold, but the fees are reduced a lot.

We have a lot of courses in Tampa/Bradenton/Sarasota - but the green fees go up to $40-70/round during the winter. The same courses are $20 during the summer, but it gets very hot/humid here.

I love many of the courses in upstate NY. You probably can travel to the country and play all kinds of courses there.

If you interested in a good golf school, the David Leadbetter Academy in Orlando runs all kinds of specials for a two-day mini school. There's a hotel on location called the Omni. Very good results for me - attended last summer. Highly recommend it. The instruction is great.

DLGA ChampionsGate, Florida, USA

Btw, use the website www.golfnow.com to see what the current prices are for tee times. We in Florida use the site for a lot of our courses.

Last edited by BucFan; 11-19-2010 at 09:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 03:16 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,185,386 times
If you interested in a good golf school, the David Leadbetter Academy in Orlando runs all kinds of specials for a two-day mini school. There's a hotel on location called the Omni. Very good results for me - attended last summer. Highly recommend it. The instruction is great.

DLGA ChampionsGate, Florida, USA

Btw, use the website Discount Golf Course Tee Times Nationwide - Book Tee Times Online - GolfNow.com to see what the current prices are for tee times. We in Florida use the site for a lot of our courses.[/quote]

great tip, my husband did Leadbetter in Europe years ago and really enjoyed it..... and thanks for the golf now link too ...

Old 01-09-2011, 07:58 PM

7,676 posts, read 18,902,029 times
Anyone see today's action? the first tourney of the year!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 PM

Sure was something that happened to my fav golfer Camilo Villegas. I don't know if anyone saw it but here is what happened. Dave Andrews, a retiree from New Hampshire, said he was watching the tournament with some friends in Florida, where he spends his winters, when he saw Villegas move a divot on the 15th hole with his club while the ball Villegas struck was still rolling.

Villegas should have assessed a two-shot penalty, but instead signed an incorrect scorecard and was subsequently disqualified.Andrews said he sent tweets to the PGA Tour and The Golf Channel before Villegas finished his round.

Man who noted Villegas

Viewer who saw Villegas infraction tried to help - USATODAY.com

Did Camilo Villegas break the Rules of Golf at Kapalua?ProGolfTalk

Old 01-09-2011, 08:58 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,194,693 times
^^only in golf could that happen, could you imagine calling Ed Hockuley during an NFL game and telling him he missed a call?

Also, MC, this is your thread, so Ill ask do you mind if I rename it the "CD Golf thread?" Since the original topic seems to be put to bed

Old 01-09-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Also, MC, this is your thread, so Ill ask do you mind if I rename it the "CD Golf thread?" Since the original topic seems to be put to bed
Go for it I am already looking forward to next weeks tourney.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM

I normally like Ian Poulter but when He and other golfers call the spectator who tweeted in the violation a snitch well my respect goes down for them. Sergio will have to work back some character in my mind since his cup spitting incident.

Of the players in the Maui field this week, Ian Poulter may have been the most outspoken critic of Andrews. Poulter posted close to a dozen tweets about what happened. Among them:

"An armchair official tweeted in to get Camilo DQ, what is wrong with people have they got nothing better to do."

"Yes the rules r the rules it was a mistake on Camilo's behalf, he didnt know he had done wrong, but people calling in, no 1 likes a snitch."

"Case closed yes he should have been punished but it's a shame it wasn't before he signed his card. Came down to an armchair official."

Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 PM

Whats in your bag?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:14 PM

Best Golf Movies anyone?

Old 01-13-2011, 08:53 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,194,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Best Golf Movies anyone?
I mean obviously you got Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore, do the TMZ episodes about Tiger Woods count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports