Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Na looks like people with Tourette syndrome.

He needs a delay of game penalty. Take more than 30 secs over the ball results in moving the ball back 5-10 yds - just like football.

If you can't play without disrupting your partner, you need to W/D and go home to figure out what the heck is going on with your preshot routine.

It is unbelievable that he has been able to hit the ball straight with all of the mannerisms.

I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots an 80 today, though. It always seems to happen that the leader plummets to earth on the final round. I expect Zach Johnson, who played well, but didn't score well, will have the low round today.

Last edited by BucFan; 05-13-2012 at 07:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 06:17 PM

Nice guy wins; nice win by Kucher. Friendly guy - acknowledges the fans. Not the best swing to look at - but he got it done. Clutch shots all day. Can't wait to next year to go again to the Players.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:31 PM

521 posts, read 860,039 times
Got out to Lake Arbor last week. Wasn't pretty; shot a 97. Playing City Park tomorrow at 921. A few pics of Lake Arbor.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:06 PM

looks like things are nice and green....here in FLA....drought and very crispy dry fairways and greens.....

Old 05-16-2012, 05:34 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
looks like things are nice and green....here in FLA....drought and very crispy dry fairways and greens.....
it poured today, i wonder if this is the start of rainy season. cypress creek and summerfield have been really hard and fast all winter/spring

Old 05-16-2012, 09:21 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
Got out to Lake Arbor last week. Wasn't pretty; shot a 97. Playing City Park tomorrow at 921. A few pics of Lake Arbor
I must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SkiScree again.

Love the pics, I always like seeing other golf courses and that's one reason I have turned down invites from friends to join one of their private or semi private course. Playing the same course over and over and over again would drive me nuts. Na needs to show some restraint and stop yelling at himself and yes speed up. I still can't stand all the goofballs yelling at the top of their lungs get in the hole or oh yeah or there it goes. Shut up and clap! Are we turning golf into Happy Gilmore?

Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

We were fortunate and recieved a couple inches of wet snow followed by three solid inches of rain within about a week of each other in early April. All the courses timed it beautifully and aerated their greens the week prior. Even the courses that have sub-par (no pun intended) greens keepers are looking pristine. Supposed to be a dry season so we'll see how everyone holds up through the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SkiScree again.

Love the pics, I always like seeing other golf courses and that's one reason I have turned down invites from friends to join one of their private or semi private course. Playing the same course over and over and over again would drive me nuts. Na needs to show some restraint and stop yelling at himself and yes speed up. I still can't stand all the goofballs yelling at the top of their lungs get in the hole or oh yeah or there it goes. Shut up and clap! Are we turning golf into Happy Gilmore?

Appreciate the kudos.

I tend to agree with you about the morons who yell crap after people hit the ball but, that said, I talk to my ball (and my playing partners') all the time. I hardly scream at it but when your buddy hits a great shot, and it's tracking towards the pin, who doesn't kinda yell "get in!" or smething like that? In tournaments, it's just out of hand though and has become a ridiculous cliche. On the other hand, I'm generally a fan of anything that makes the game more enjoyable for the average fan; if that means screaming after every shot, so be it.

How 'bout some pictures from City Park?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
I love the flag for city park, I think golf courses should pay more attention to some of the smaller things golfers enjoy like nice benches, clean flags, enough ball cleaners and water fountains/coolers, nicely painted pins. On that note the yardage signs for city park need to go, they look so ugly. When I look at a golf course I am not just looking at the layout, and grass condition but like the little things I mentioned above. So many courses have horrible crappy cheap looking scorecards. It's like they spent money on everything else but scorecards that look like they came out of a house printer.

Here is some pics of Brown Deer Golf Course where Tiger Woods made his PGA debut, Brown Deer is a Milwaukee County golf course 1 of 15.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:17 PM

That looks like a beautiful course. Get out there often?

Here's a pic of my set-up and follow through. I'm working on standing closer to the ball to keep my head up. Obviously I'm doing a bad job of it in this pic.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
it poured today, i wonder if this is the start of rainy season. cypress creek and summerfield have been really hard and fast all winter/spring
Just a little rain makes things green pretty quickly. Hope Tampa gets rain on a regular basis. No fun playing on dried out golf courses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports