Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,228,531 times

Advertisements

refreshing to see new faces on the tour - great first win for Henley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM

6,558 posts, read 11,188,339 times
I wish I had this issue......

Woodland makes switch for less distance

Woodland is such a BEAST.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:09 PM

Ben Wright may have been right afterall.....btw, anyone know if Holly has had "augmentation" work?

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 10:55 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM

8,275 posts, read 22,993,067 times
Rory McIlroy ditches Nike putter, still misses cut at Abu Dhabi - ESPN

Hahaha that didn't take long oh btw Tiger incurred a 2 stroke penalty, why these pro's don't consulate a rules official is beyond me.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 AM

Hope Stallings wins today - seems like a good guy. Watching Euro tour as well - interesting to see top two golfers in the world failed to make the cut.

Good time of year to watch PGA. I watch for most of the year until PGA Championship. Very long season, imo. (too long).

Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Hope Stallings wins today - seems like a good guy. Watching Euro tour as well - interesting to see top two golfers in the world failed to make the cut.

Good time of year to watch PGA. I watch for most of the year until PGA Championship. Very long season, imo. (too long).
I agree the season is too long and I actually stayed up both Friday and Saturday morning 3am Central to watch the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship live. Yeah I am noticing a lot of new names in the Top 30 lately, a lot of new rookies coming out of the Tiger Generation. I usually watch all tournaments not all 4 days but I check in a lot and check the scores with the PGA Tour app. Can't wait for the end of March to get some golf in finally up here.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 PM

6,558 posts, read 11,188,339 times
snow delay for golf.....in the desert!!

http://www.worldgolfchampionships.co...he-desert.html

Kind of surreal to see tee boxes and greens covered in snow during a tournament....

Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 AM

Enjoying the season so far. I get burned out from PGA golf by August, though. The season is way too long, imo. This week, they come to my part of the country. Honda Classic is just a little too far to travel, but they come up to Tampa a few weeks. Looking forward to spending several days at the tourney. Also go to the Arnold Palmer Invitation over in Orlando then TPC Players Championship in May. Too bad our area lost the Champions Tour event - very disappointing - I spent several days out there watching the oldtimers.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Enjoying the season so far. I get burned out from PGA golf by August, though. The season is way too long, IMO. This week, they come to my part of the country. Honda Classic is just a little too far to travel, but they come up to Tampa a few weeks. Looking forward to spending several days at the tourney. Also go to the Arnold Palmer Invitation over in Orlando then TPC Players Championship in May. Too bad our area lost the Champions Tour event - very disappointing - I spent several days out there watching the old timers.
Agreed it is too long but that's how some of the low money guys make due by playing in 40+ events a year while Tiger, Phil and Rory will play 15. Milwaukee lost it's event 2 years or so ago so now it's Chicago area golf for me which isn't bad only 1.5hrs way plus the playoffs every year with the BMW Championship. With Chicago hosting some majors and Kohler, WI and Erin, WI hosting some as well, it's a great time to be in Milwaukee/Chicago area for golf. This year I am driving 2.5 hrs to The John Deere Classic, it's a cheap event and Steve Stricker has won it the last 3 years in a row since he is semi retiring I would like to get out and see the old goat before he is on the Champions tour. You mentioned the Champions Tour, I would love for Milwaukee to get either a Web.com or Champions Tour stop every year that might be the only chance Milwaukee will get to see Tiger again since his Tour debut at Brown Deer Park Golf Course.

On a side note, man does golf look great on a 50in HDTV, almost makes me forget the 20 degrees outside for at least a few hours on Sunday.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:59 PM

Tiger looked great out there today, I wonder if he could really identify his ball in the palm tree or if the rules official just took his word. I can't wait for the final round tomorrow, I just bought new clubs this winter and I cannot wait for the snow to melt.

World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship Leaderboard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports