Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 05:07 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
The two that do Pens games on TV and the guy that does Bruins play by play on TV are terrible. Obviously Jaws was terrible because they yanked him. Grunden and Mayock are annoying, but they aren't awful. I also cannot stand Hawk Harrelson (White Sox announcer...I'm a Cubs fan that would consider watching if they didn't have a talking ass broadcasting their games). I am sure there are others. I am drawing blanks right now.
I like Harrelson, he's pretty good. I think you meant Jon Gruden plus Ron Jaworski was removed from the both so that you don't have to worry about him. The TV guy who does play-by-play for the Bruins would be Jack Edwards. Maybe replace him with Don Orsillo who did Springfield Falcons games and Beanpot hockey tournaments. :dubiou s:: eek:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 08:20 PM

158 posts, read 256,435 times
Bill Simmons- Celtics fan boy, thinks he's knows it all but doesn't, not funny
Chris Broussard- Annoying, makes outrageous statements/ stupid predictions, brags about his fake sources
Magic Johnson- Just terrible, doesn't really know how to break down the game of basketball, good thing he's leaving ESPN

Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 AM

708 posts, read 954,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
The two that do Pens games on TV and the guy that does Bruins play by play on TV are terrible.
Agree 100%. Pens games are watched without sound because they are so bad. Milbury is also a terrible analyst. He analyzes like he coached-- horribly.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,318 times
See my thread Tim McCarver sucks!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lothartheterrible View Post
I know he's not announcing anymore, but nobody beats Bryant Gumbel. During a Cowboys-Packers game in '07 he consistently got the two teams mixed up, referred to Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo as "Rick Romo", and stated that Marion Barber was the "heart and soul of the Packers offense".

Hilariously terrible.
I bet that was terrible. Who is better, Bob Papa or Brad Nessler?

Old 11-01-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
Brent Musberger. As soon as I hear his voice, I change the station. He is just so lame and can't pronounce anyone's name correctly unless they are named Smith or Jones.

And the Yankees announcer who call's Alex Rodriguez' homers an "A-bomb from A-Rod" in a cadence that almost sounds like Snagglepuss' dumber younger brother makes my skin crawl. Thank God I don't have to hear that nonsense often.
The Yankees announcer is John Sterling and what's wrong with Musburger? I can take him, even when CBS fired him.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:38 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Western87 View Post
This has probably been done before, but I haven't found it. Who do you think is the worst announcer in sports. Many people say Joe Buck, but I can tolerate him cause at least Troy Aikman knows what he's talking about. Personally I couldn't stand Tony Kornheiser. Love him on Pardon the Interruption, but he didn't belong in the booth
Joe Buck, hands down. Even my wife thinks he's an idiot with the nonsense he spews, and she knows precious little about football to begin with!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
No, that would be Howard Cosell when he was part of ABC's baseball broadcast team. I love baseball, but Cosell, who was otherwise pretty decent on football and boxing, chased me away. Only Dick Vitale (who I forgot to mention earlier) and Berman match the level of braying asininity that Cosell displayed during those MLB contests. McCarver is a model of restraint by comparison.
Howard Cosell was pretty descent in boxing; you can hear him on the movie Ali.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:08 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
I am watching Penn State, they have some gruff sounding female announcer, but she is doing an OK job, keeping it interesting at least.
My son walked in, said "What's that, a girl announcing the game? They should have a guy doing that"
I said"Well, she's a lot better than Verne Lundquist"
To which he responds "Well that's not saying much."

Old 11-02-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I am watching Penn State, they have some gruff sounding female announcer, but she is doing an OK job, keeping it interesting at least.
My son walked in, said "What's that, a girl announcing the game? They should have a guy doing that"
I said"Well, she's a lot better than Verne Lundquist"
To which he responds "Well that's not saying much."
Would it be Beth Mowins? ESPN removed Pam Ward from the booth. And plus many people say that Tony Kornheiser was the worst for Monday Night Football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports