Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2016, 06:46 AM

14,412 posts, read 20,489,587 times

Advertisements

Buck did it again in the 9th inning last night.

a. The last time there was a 6-6 tie in the 9th was in 1990 when the Braves played the Twins. That game was played in the Metrodome.
Really, we thought the game was played in Yankee Stadium.

b. In case you are wondering the Cubs have action in the bullpen.
Really, a 6-6 tie game 7 that may go extra innings?

c. The last time there was a walk off homer to win the series was 1960 Pirates vs. Yankees.
Really, who cares about historical stats.

He does the same thing with Football.
And earlier in the year he jumped into golf and he can't call golf either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 08:51 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,691,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

a. The last time there was a 6-6 tie in the 9th was in 1990 when the Braves played the Twins. That game was played in the Metrodome.

c. The last time there was a walk off homer to win the series was 1960 Pirates vs. Yankees.

That's just filler and I don't mind it at all. Regarding point A, it could have been played in Atlanta so he clarified it. And most baseball people care about historical stats. Stats and history are HUGE in baseball. You're watching the wrong sport if you don't care about stats.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:54 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,847,743 times
What little I watched last night it was Buck just talking and talking about nothing. He never lets a game breathe. He's the worst. I feel bad for Aikmen because he's pretty good when paired with other guys.

I agree on Simms. I used to enjoy him but now he tried too hard to be funny, and his 'funny' is insult someone! No, not funny.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:16 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,900,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post

...you're describing every analyst that ever analyzed any sport

Old 11-03-2016, 01:15 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,368,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
What little I watched last night it was Buck just talking and talking about nothing. He never lets a game breathe. He's the worst. I feel bad for Aikmen because he's pretty good when paired with other guys.

I agree on Simms. I used to enjoy him but now he tried too hard to be funny, and his 'funny' is insult someone! No, not funny.
I am just sick of listening to those two, especially Buck whether football or baseball. Simms is annoying to me. He is so biased, especially on refusing to say, Redskins.

Plus I know you still say Gary Danielson.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 11-03-2016 at 01:59 PM..

Old 11-03-2016, 08:44 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,119,728 times
Sorry, I still do not get all the flack Joe Buck takes.
I think the guy is a solid broadcaster----has a great voice, does his homework, and has flair.
Does he make some mistakes---yes-----that being said, I find him to be pretty solid-----sorry for all the naysayers.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:11 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,847,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I am just sick of listening to those two, especially Buck whether football or baseball. Simms is annoying to me. He is so biased, especially on refusing to say, Redskins.

Plus I know you still say Gary Danielson.
Danielson...heh. Vern would actually be solid still - if he had a better partner. Poor SEC.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:45 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,368,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Danielson...heh. Vern would actually be solid still - if he had a better partner. Poor SEC.
The only problem is, Lundquist is retiring and Nessler will take his spot. Plus, I can't stand that idiot Troy Aikman. He gets on my nerves, no matter which game he is calling, whether with Joe Buck or Thom Brennaman. Aikman needs to go away.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:30 PM

545 posts, read 408,675 times
The worst football announcers on TV have to be Jim Nantzzzzz and Phil Simmzzzzzzzzzz on CBS. Duller than a sleeping pill washed down by a glass of warm milk. Boring, boring, BORING.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:05 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,691,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
The only problem is, Lundquist is retiring and Nessler will take his spot. Plus, I can't stand that idiot Troy Aikman. He gets on my nerves, no matter which game he is calling, whether with Joe Buck or Thom Brennaman. Aikman needs to go away.
I could be wrong but seeing as you are from Northern WI you may be a bit biased
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports