U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times

Advertisements

Joe Buck - he has no emotion

Tony Kornheiser - do I need to say anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 11:31 AM

4,198 posts, read 2,024,537 times
Don't forget Rob Dibble, that guy is an idiot and he's stupid; he criticized Stephen Strausburg's injury and was fired by MASN, that guy is such a moron.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I cannot believe nobody mentioned Verne Lundquist. He makes watching SEC football impossible. Mike Patrick was terrible on MNF, the best announcer will always be Pat Summerall. Will someone please emulate his style again, or was his delivery inimitable?
Is this a joke? Verne Lundquist makes the game enjoyable, especially with Bill Raftery.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
What's Good about Verne Lunquist?
Nothing

Seriously, I used to watch SEC games on TV with the sound turned off.

Then again, you can do a drinking game, see how often he repeats the same word or same phrase, says "Oh My what happened?" or totally misses a call
"Touchdown...no wait, fumble...no penalty...no what happened?"
Worst of the Worst.
You're kidding right? Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery makes the game exciting; I enjoy Lundquist and Raftery.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Mike Patrick not only is he annoying he will go on a rant about Britney Spears

Gary Danielson and Verne Lundquist what a snooze fest to listen to them call SEC games
This is a joke; I'm not worried about Danielson, I'm Lundquist; I love listening to Lundquist.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 AM

One more thing, John Rhadigan, who did Rangers games as a play-by-play announcer for a short while and he was removed from the booth and was replaced by Dave Barnett until he was replaced by Steve Busby after illnesses. I told my uncle, who lives in Texas, that Barnett was the one that replaced Rhadigan as play-by-play announcer for the Rangers and he said that Rhadigan is a horrible play-by-play announcer.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 AM

Some people say Danielson, Dierdorf, Fouts, Joe Morgan, Collinsworth, and Madden, but I can tolerate them, at least they all know what they are talking about.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
Dennis Miller (comdey guy and republican)

For 1 season he was in the booth and his voice was live on T.V. and even his face on Monday night football. Monday night football fried him after only his 1st season.

He did know anything about football he tried to make jokes about players and the game and he wasn't even funny or good at comedy. Now he's on the fox news channel once and a while trying to talk politics. Why does he just not go away!!!!

Rush Limbaugh was on ESPN for a very short while. He to didn't know anything about sports. He also said Mcnabb was getting to much credit because he was black. Shortly after his comment he got fired and I don't even think he lasted a season, and then he went to rehab for his addiction for pills. Now a days he is another republican and makes crazy comments about the U.S. on his radio show and dosen't even know what the hell is going on in the country. Pop some more pills Rush!!!!
maybe the worst broadcaster of alltime and he had a very short career!!!!
Actually, Dennis Miller was on Monday Night Football for two seasons along with Dan Fouts.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:55 AM

2,792 posts, read 1,676,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
This is a joke; I'm not worried about Danielson, I'm Lundquist; I love listening to Lundquist.
He is good to listen to if you want to fall asleep

Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 PM

589 posts, read 512,933 times
The guys who do Boston Bruins games. Most biased announcers I've ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports