U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2009, 01:07 PM
 
4,925 posts, read 6,088,331 times
Reputation: 3107
All of them.

...not that I'm competitive or anything...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Status: "Ní bhíonn an rath ach mar a mbíonn an smacht." (set 16 days ago)
 
9,725 posts, read 7,224,390 times
Reputation: 2401
The dominating linebacker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,285 posts, read 3,939,081 times
Reputation: 2989
after watching some US Open tennis, I may revise my OP. Being a #1 ranked tennis player would be unparalleled imo. Something about a non-team sport makes success seem so much more special. People always want to make fun of tennis players since they cry when they win majors, but if people out there knew how much a tennis match took out of you physically, and to do that for two weeks, I can understand why they have such an emotional response. ATP #1 ranked pro FTW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 4,071,966 times
Reputation: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
after watching some US Open tennis, I may revise my OP. Being a #1 ranked tennis player would be unparalleled imo. Something about a non-team sport makes success seem so much more special. People always want to make fun of tennis players since they cry when they win majors, but if people out there knew how much a tennis match took out of you physically, and to do that for two weeks, I can understand why they have such an emotional response. ATP #1 ranked pro FTW
Lol much harder than it looks, court is also way bigger than it looks. Much respect to tennis players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley, Az (unfortunately still here)
2,551 posts, read 1,492,313 times
Reputation: 1521
An elite distance runner.

I ran track in junior high and high school, but we had switched coaches so much, when I was in high school, that it was hard to get anything out of it after school was over. So, no Olympics for me or anything. So, I live a "regular" life now. But I still run/jog (for fitness only these days).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 12:08 PM
 
Location: southern california
49,303 posts, read 45,862,394 times
Reputation: 40391
fencing..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Status: "Drop that puck!" (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Planet Earth
6,070 posts, read 5,237,835 times
Reputation: 3558
When I was a kid, I imagined, like almost every other kid in the 90's, to be Like Mike. Now though, I'm stuck between that, along with being an NHL'er who either is a stone-wall of a goaltender, or scores Ovechkin like goals.

Part of me also since George Mason's 2006 NCAA run, wants to be a champion on a mid-major basketball team to shock everyone and show the world, that mid-majors can compete.

But honestly, there isn't a sport I would not want to dominate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 AM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 4,071,966 times
Reputation: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
When I was a kid, I imagined, like almost every other kid in the 90's, to be Like Mike. Now though, I'm stuck between that, along with being an NHL'er who either is a stone-wall of a goaltender, or scores Ovechkin like goals.

Part of me also since George Mason's 2006 NCAA run, wants to be a champion on a mid-major basketball team to shock everyone and show the world, that mid-majors can compete.

But honestly, there isn't a sport I would not want to dominate.
That would be cool, also being Curry from Davidson during their run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2009, 02:46 AM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,097 posts, read 13,929,876 times
Reputation: 7675
Professional poker player. Worst injury you could get is a paper cut or hemorroids. Even if you retire you could still use your skills in the casinos to make money until you're banned from the casinos. But by then you will have written books or made videos on how to beat the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
23,933 posts, read 19,765,743 times
Reputation: 11200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Professional poker player. Worst injury you could get is a paper cut or hemorroids. Even if you retire you could still use your skills in the casinos to make money until you're banned from the casinos. But by then you will have written books or made videos on how to beat the system.
1. Poker. Great poker players can win and make millions for decades. And casinos welcome poker greats, not ban them. The house makes money off every player. Players play against each other, not the house.

2. Sumo. The top guys are literally treated as if they are gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top