U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:29 AM

498 posts, read 105,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I use to love the NBA during the early 90's, then I stopped watching it, the last couple of years I have started to get back into it, but I love college basketball alot more, its more exciting. I sometimes feel that NBA games feel like exhibition games, with the lack of defense and the music playing during play, the college game offers a better atmosphere in my opinion.

I also love college football but rarely will pay any attention to the NFL. I love MLB too.
Seems like your a college sports fan! Question, does it bother you that most college players in sports today, we really don't know or have heard of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 AM

okay

Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM

2,739 posts, read 3,394,905 times
Gotta be on high on something to watch a regular season baseball game. I can't stand watching Sportscenter when the Red Sox / Yanks play. Don't they play like 15 times a year? Who cares about game 9. There are just too many games and its obvious they don't care about some games when they get a AAA pitcher to fill in.

I love watching NBA playoffs and good games they show on Sundays. I can really only watch NBA and NFL. I have been to several baseball games, not bad in person but awful at home. Listening to the god awful announcers talking about random nonsense irks me. They do it in basketball as well but the conservation doesn't last eons as it does in baseball.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:46 PM

5,740 posts, read 6,112,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-ham 34 View Post
Seems like your a college sports fan! Question, does it bother you that most college players in sports today, we really don't know or have heard of?
Why would it bother someone that most people have not heard of or know players in college sports?

Of course most people havent, they are college kids. They are just starting to get in the spotlight. It's not about the individual players unless you are following wrestling or track.

I'm sorry but that is a truly absurd question.

In regards to the NBA, it is a complete joke. It is trash. Players continually taking 5,6, and even 7 steps to the net is not entertaining. Dribble the damn ball.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:12 PM

8,861 posts, read 10,861,559 times
Basketball today just bores me. No passing and less and less teamwork. Too much focus on superstar players who only care about their stats and money. That and the arrogant thug mentality of most of the league is a real turn off.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:26 PM

8,315 posts, read 10,086,209 times
I dont care for b-ball but i dont hate it. Watching genetic freaks run up & down a court & toss a orange ball into a netted basket high above the ground is ho hum. I have yet to watch a baseball game this year. I do though LOVE nfl football & the pittsburgh steelers. I sometimes watch college games like pitt, penn state & notre dame. I dont care for usc or ucla. If i lived in pittsburgh i would be a water man for free just to be where the action is. Nothing compares to watching a baseball or football game live. I do like the angels & pirates. The dodgers are borderline.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Why would it bother someone that most people have not heard of or know players in college sports?

Of course most people havent, they are college kids. They are just starting to get in the spotlight. It's not about the individual players unless you are following wrestling or track.

I'm sorry but that is a truly absurd question.

In regards to the NBA, it is a complete joke. It is trash. Players continually taking 5,6, and even 7 steps to the net is not entertaining. Dribble the damn ball.
Too each their own, opinions are free!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 PM

3 posts, read 308 times
Can I ask you guys that what is NBA and MLB, because both of these terminologies are new to me..

Old 05-13-2010, 07:45 AM

8,315 posts, read 10,086,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesreview View Post
Can I ask you guys that what is NBA and MLB, because both of these terminologies are new to me..
NBA = national basketball association & MLB = major league baseball. Both are professional sports with highly paid athletes.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:15 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,702,472 times
Basketball is about the only major sport I can watch (besides racing). Baseball puts me to sleep, as do low scoring games like Hockey or Soccer. Football can be interesting, but the downs mechanic ruins it for me (not very fluid). Seems like they have a commercial every 3 or 4 downs. I admit, the timeouts and fouling at the end of NBA games suck, but at least it's only the last couple of minutes in the fourth, and even then, only in close games. I also like the fact that, since the teams are fairly small, a single basketball player can have a tremendous effect on the outcome of a game. Look at Lebron (I'm not a big fan of his, just using him as an example), he has star-level impact on almost every aspect of the game. In football or baseball, the players seem to be much more specialized. Though, because of this, baseball and football are more strategic, while basketball is more tactical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports