Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 06:48 AM

635 posts, read 1,655,730 times

Advertisements

I've been to Branson several times but not this past year so far. I am coming in a few weeks and I can't seem to think of the hotels that I recall that face 76. I have stayed at Laquinta, Grand Oaks, Honeysuckle, Cobblestone, QueeneAnne, Palms Inn, Riverboat, and the Capri. I am not looking for the cheapest...$60 to $80 a night is fine. I like to watch the cars on the strip (sounds cheesy) and the people walking. Any ideas on Hotel/Motels that are nice that face the strip? Package deals are fine too. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:38 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Red face No help at all I'm afraid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
I've been to Branson several times but not this past year so far. I am coming in a few weeks and I can't seem to think of the hotels that I recall that face 76. I have stayed at Laquinta, Grand Oaks, Honeysuckle, Cobblestone, QueeneAnne, Palms Inn, Riverboat, and the Capri. I am not looking for the cheapest...$60 to $80 a night is fine. I like to watch the cars on the strip (sounds cheesy) and the people walking. Any ideas on Hotel/Motels that are nice that face the strip? Package deals are fine too. THANKS!
You know how when you live somewhere you don't notice things...?

All I can come up with is this mental picture of motel after motel with no names attached!

Now you've got me going...I may have to take a drive later.

I wonder if the Chamber of Commerce could help?

Old 06-30-2010, 04:29 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
The Grand Victorian and the Windmill are two that immediately come to mind. The Hampton is on the west end of the Stip - not as much action there. The Riverboat Inn is also pretty interesting - and right next door to the Starlight Theater.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-03-2010, 07:05 AM

Thanks! I went ahead and made reservations at The Grand Oaks, they had a $55 a night special. I may stay at The Grand Victorian next time. The Grand Victorian is in a great location.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:25 PM

158 posts, read 376,343 times
I know things often change quickly and Google doesn't update their street view pics very often but it's still a great way to see an area up close and personal.

1) Go to WWW.Google.Com and type in something like ... map: Branson, MO and press enter.
2) Then click on the little map that usually shows up in the top position of the search results. You'll get a larger map with a little "zoom-thingy" in the upper left part of the map.
3) At the top of the zoom-thingy there is a little orange person. Click and drag the orange character over the map and you'll see all the streets that have been mapped, highlighted in blue.
4) Drop the little character anywhere (on the blue lines) that you want to see the street level view and up it comes... thank you Google.
5) Click and drag the image left or right to spin around - be careful not to get dizzy. :-) You can look up and down too - great for tall buildings.
6) There is a small 'x' in the upper right corner of the pic - click that to close the street level view.
7) Finally, that funny little box next to the 'x' will zoom the street view to full screen. Now how cool is that???

PS - this works for many foreign countries too - if you like to travel this is a great way to arm-chair travel any time you like!

PPS - Some countries have not allowed Google to map their streets yet - in those places Google has put little dots all over the map representing pictures that people have taken and geo-coded with latitude and longitude (and are there ever a lot of people taking pictures these days) so you can still get a pretty good idea of the local flavor, geography, etc.

What will Google think of next?

Hmmm, how about Google Earth? :-)

Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfTheOzarks View Post
I know things often change quickly and Google doesn't update their street view pics very often but it's still a great way to see an area up close and personal.

1) Go to WWW.Google.Com and type in something like ... map: Branson, MO and press enter.
2) Then click on the little map that usually shows up in the top position of the search results. You'll get a larger map with a little "zoom-thingy" in the upper left part of the map.
3) At the top of the zoom-thingy there is a little orange person. Click and drag the orange character over the map and you'll see all the streets that have been mapped, highlighted in blue.
4) Drop the little character anywhere (on the blue lines) that you want to see the street level view and up it comes... thank you Google.
5) Click and drag the image left or right to spin around - be careful not to get dizzy. :-) You can look up and down too - great for tall buildings.
6) There is a small 'x' in the upper right corner of the pic - click that to close the street level view.
7) Finally, that funny little box next to the 'x' will zoom the street view to full screen. Now how cool is that???

PS - this works for many foreign countries too - if you like to travel this is a great way to arm-chair travel any time you like!

PPS - Some countries have not allowed Google to map their streets yet - in those places Google has put little dots all over the map representing pictures that people have taken and geo-coded with latitude and longitude (and are there ever a lot of people taking pictures these days) so you can still get a pretty good idea of the local flavor, geography, etc.

What will Google think of next?

Hmmm, how about Google Earth? :-)
Great Idea!!!! I forgot about. THANKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area