Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LdyJzz64 View Post
Thanks for a positive outlook, Lake Junkie! I think you sent me a letter about assisting us with real estate. I haven't been to Dinuba in years, but I imagine it has grown tremendously, too. We will be in the Branson area in April, so perhaps we can hook up then and you can show us around.
Sounds like a perfect time for the Over the Fence Coffee Club!

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 12-20-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 09:17 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
My, my...Modesto she has grown...!

I was born in Dinuba...55 years ago...and haven't been around for the last 20 to see the growth of those previously friendly, sleepy towns!
Good lord. You look great for 55. What's your secrety? Hmmmmmm?

I lived in Modesto in the 4th grade. It was much smaller then.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-21-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Good lord. You look great for 55. What's your secrety? Hmmmmmm?

I lived in Modesto in the 4th grade. It was much smaller then.

20yrsinBranson
And she looks even better in person!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:41 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,511,864 times
Quote:
I live in Modesto, and yes, I am looking for Modesto 30 years ago. My brother is a homicide detective here and knows that there is no hope for this town. Just too tired of all the crap here in the Central Valley. I want a small rural conservative town!
Fifteen miles north of you - its called Oakdale.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 PM

364 posts, read 1,420,808 times
We moved here (our street address says Galena, but we are only about 2.5 miles from Reeds Spring) from central Texas just over a year ago. Our three children attend Reeds Spring schools and we are totally pleased with the educational system. My wife commutes to Hollister each day and enjoys the trip. If you need any more specifics or have questions feel free to direct message me.

Best of luck to you.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTX View Post
We moved here (our street address says Galena, but we are only about 2.5 miles from Reeds Spring) from central Texas just over a year ago. Our three children attend Reeds Spring schools and we are totally pleased with the educational system. My wife commutes to Hollister each day and enjoys the trip. If you need any more specifics or have questions feel free to direct message me.

Best of luck to you.
Just like us with our street address in Blue Eye but our house on the edge of Table Rock Lake. Children are all grown and gone and we're both retired. Roaming the Stone and Taney County areas is always restful and refreshing, regardless of the season.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:08 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
My husband and I are fed up with the liberal agenda in California! As a result, we are leaving and relocating to Missouri to be closer to our son (Tennessee) and future grandchildren. My husband is a musician (pianist, composer, and arranger for Carol Channing) and I am a high school English and Drama teacher.

I love smaller schools since I am a country girl from a small town in the Central Valley of California. I have been looking at relocating to Reeds Spring or Forsyth because of the small town atmosphere. My husband, naturally, wants to be closer to Branson.

I would love to hear from folks in those areas who might be able to tell me good schools to apply to for a teaching job. Also, what areas are good to live in around Branson? We are coming from a town of 220,000+ with a high crime rate and I want a little acreage outside of a busy area.

Thanks!
RHW
If you do move to the Missouri Ozarks I feel I should warn you about a pesky little bug they have there. It is called a Curmudgeon bug.It hangs around waterfronts and antique shops. It seems to have a particular liking for blood from humans who drink alot of California Red Wine. You cant kill it. It has been known to invade outdoor parties, flitting from wine glass to wine glass helping himself. He can smell out an Early Bird Special from a mile away and makes himself at home devouring your plate of chicken fried steak and mac n cheese! Seems the Curmudgeon bug has become extinct on the west coast and has found a new start in the Missouri Ozarks. Good luck with your move. And beware of this pesky critter. Always cover your wine glass and use alot of Curmudgeon spray when you will be near the waters edge!

Last edited by Capt. Dan; 01-13-2011 at 01:29 PM..

Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If you do move to the Missouri Ozarks I feel I should warn you about a pesky little bug they have there. It is called a Curmudgeon bug.It hangs around waterfronts and antique shops. It seems to have a particular liking for blood from humans who drink alot of California Red Wine. You cant kill it. It has been known to invade outdoor parties, flitting from wine glass to wine glass helping himself. He can smell out an Early Bird Special from a mile away and makes himself at home devouring your plate of chicken fried steak and mac n cheese! Seems the Curmudgeon bug has become extinct on the west coast and has found a new start in the Missouri Ozarks. Good luck with your move. And beware of this pesky critter. Always cover your wine glass and use alot of Curmudgeon spray when you will be near the waters edge!
DANG! Now you've done it. Gonna hafta slip across the border and russle up a few razorbacks!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:53 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
indeed the Curm bug has become extinct on the west coast. They were a very noticeable creature, looking Black and White from a distance, but as they get closer they are usually a shade of blue with a shiny spot often resembling a star on thier left upper torso.
INdeed they would often swarm at out of control parties. They typically were a nice little bug that children would be attracted to. However if provoked they did have a powerful sting, and would often swarm to help one another.
The California Goverment has done everything they can to make sure infestion of Curm Bugs does.nt return.......Kinda Sad really, when I was a little kid the Curm bugs were in every neighborhood, and all the little kids knew were they were, and always played around them....
I've never been stung by one though, close once or twice, but never stung...

Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Cool Capt. Dan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
This is so cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area