Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 PM

354 posts, read 324,936 times

Advertisements

That sounds great. And I am sure that we will make some trips to St. Louis and hit the stores up there. LOLOLOL

I am going to make sure that I have at least 3 litres of Mexican Vanilla with me when we move up to Springfield. I am also going to be sure and bring my flat-leaf parsely plant, hopefully we can have it on a patio or balcony of our apartment. LOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 08:40 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Talking Pizza...I almost forgot pizza...

Mc Salty's (2 locations) has whole wheat crust...try the Crazy Italian... and South Avenue Pizza Co's white pizza...

Old 07-18-2007, 08:46 PM

Talking Oh...and BBQ...

...you can't talk about food in Missouri without talking about BBQ!
Probably the best is Hawg Wild in Aurora...although I really like Danna's in Branson West and Branson...(they're also running the little dockside cafe at the State Park Marina for you fellow lake junkies...)
In Springfield...
Buckinghams.
And Wingstop...a chain but mmmmm.
And Smokey Bones.
And the ol timers like Crosstown but I haven't eaten there since the son took over...

Old 07-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Wink Flat-leaf parsley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORedneckWoman View Post
That sounds great. And I am sure that we will make some trips to St. Louis and hit the stores up there. LOLOLOL

I am going to make sure that I have at least 3 litres of Mexican Vanilla with me when we move up to Springfield. I am also going to be sure and bring my flat-leaf parsely plant, hopefully we can have it on a patio or balcony of our apartment. LOLOLOL
Cuttings? Can you do cuttings?

Old 07-18-2007, 08:49 PM

Talking OH...and frozen custard!

You can not live here without trying Andy's Frozen Custard.
Concretes...OMG.
They have fresh fruit sundaes in season...try blueberry before it's gone with pecans.
And at Thanksgiving, you haven't lived until you've had a pumpkin pie concrete.
~sigh~

Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,470,904 times
Quote:

I wouldn't bother hauling Mexican Vanilla very far. There are so many Hispanics in SW MO (Mexican, Honduran, Guatamalan, etc.) they sell it at Walmart! A lesson we learned after bringing back bottles as gifts from Playa del Carmen. Unless there is a certain brand you want, it's not worth the bother!

Old 07-19-2007, 03:41 AM

Smile Now for other options!

Other parts of Springfield...I'm skipping the chains even tho some are actually really good...
You must try Nearly Famous Deli...in the Brentwood Center on Glenstone.
And Avanzare...excellent. Glenstone just south of Sunshine.
For Japanese/sushi, I think everyone would agree on Haruno...Fremont just south of Battlefield.
And you have lots of choices for Chinese, but my favorite is Mr. Yens...have someone tell you about the history of Springfield-style Cashew Chicken!
I know there's more but that should keep you full for a week or so!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,796 times
Talking Lake Junkie Rocks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Welcome, first of all!
There are lots of good and great restaurants to choose from in Springfield...the 7 years I lived there I was amazed at what a goin-out-to-eat town it is! I'm not up on the last coupla years, but here's my take on the standards.
For one of a kind local dining, you have to start downtown.
One of my favorites is Bijan's...make a reservation. And if you imbibe, don't miss the martini lounge upstairs for dessert. (The chocolate martini...mmmmmmm).
The Gallery Bistro, right next door, is awesome. No words.
Trolley's, started by a reality-tv local somebody, is actually very good. Excellent wait staff...nice menu. Good food.
Millie's Turn of the Century Cafe...Maria's for mexican (ohhh fish tacos...)...Bruno's...Flame Steakhouse (even if you never make it past the bar)...Gilardi's for special occasions...South Avenue Pizza for special pizza & casual ...Nonna's of course for Italian...oh my goodness I'ma gettin hongry...
Izumi Hatake (in Japanese means: spring field) used to be my fav sushi but I'm not sure now Kang doesn't own it...
All of these are locally owned.
OH I forgot the Springfield Brewing Company...
I'll have to post the rest another time...I need to go eat.
Have a gastronimically great time!
AGAIN...WELCOME!
Quote:
Other parts of Springfield...I'm skipping the chains even tho some are actually really good...
You must try Nearly Famous Deli...in the Brentwood Center on Glenstone.
And Avanzare...excellent. Glenstone just south of Sunshine.
For Japanese/sushi, I think everyone would agree on Haruno...Fremont just south of Battlefield.
And you have lots of choices for Chinese, but my favorite is Mr. Yens...have someone tell you about the history of Springfield-style Cashew Chicken!
I know there's more but that should keep you full for a week or so!
Quote:
You can not live here without trying Andy's Frozen Custard.
Concretes...OMG.
They have fresh fruit sundaes in season...try blueberry before it's gone with pecans.
And at Thanksgiving, you haven't lived until you've had a pumpkin pie concrete.
~sigh~
Hey, LJ! You are AMAZING! I'm gonna have to print these out or at least make a list and stick it in my wallet so I don't forget them! I'm still clueless on what a "concrete" is but it sounds heavy! Hahaha! I can hardly wait for Thanksgiving to roll around since one of those pumpkin ones will surely have my name on it!

Thank you so much for your suggestions and information!

MrsG

Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 AM

354 posts, read 324,936 times
Concretes are fantastic. I absolutely love Ted Drews in St. Louis. In fact, that is who I compare any and all concretes and frozen custard to. They don't have such good ones here in NM at all. I just go to Dairy Queen when I want a shake or something, or make it myself. LOLOLOL

Lake Junkie, I would guess that one could take a cutting from the parsely plant. Of that I would not have a clue. It is easy to transplant though. I also have a small peppermint plant. I am leaving my chocolate mint plant though. It was fun to have and the leaves, when chewed or bruised, tasted exactly like chocolate mint. You would have love it.

I am going to stock up on drying the cilantro so I have plenty of it with me to start off. It is so much cheaper to dry it myself, as opposed to buying it already dried. The same thing with the flat leaf parsley. Of course the cilantro down here is so darn cheap.

I can't imagine what Walmart is selling for Mexican Vanilla, but I will bring my own and then when we go back to get a fresh load of fresh green chiles, I will go down to Mexico and get me more Vanilla. We figure that we will try to make a trip down to the southern part of NM every couple of years to get more fresh green chiles. In fact, they are due in August and the whole county down here will smell like roasted green chiles. I love that smell. LOLOLOL

Today I am making fresh homemade sourdough bread. I keep my own sourdough in the frig an d make all of our own homemade bread. We used to own a bakery when we used to live in MO so long ago and I love to bake and cook. I hope there are some good bakeries in Springfield. I love trying new bakeries out. We used to sell my cheesecakes over the internet before it was the thing to do.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,240 times
Quote:
Concretes are fantastic. I absolutely love Ted Drews in St. Louis. In fact, that is who I compare any and all concretes and frozen custard to. They don't have such good ones here in NM at all. I just go to Dairy Queen when I want a shake or something, or make it myself. LOLOLOL

Lake Junkie, I would guess that one could take a cutting from the parsely plant. Of that I would not have a clue. It is easy to transplant though. I also have a small peppermint plant. I am leaving my chocolate mint plant though. It was fun to have and the leaves, when chewed or bruised, tasted exactly like chocolate mint. You would have love it.

I am going to stock up on drying the cilantro so I have plenty of it with me to start off. It is so much cheaper to dry it myself, as opposed to buying it already dried. The same thing with the flat leaf parsley. Of course the cilantro down here is so darn cheap.

I can't imagine what Walmart is selling for Mexican Vanilla, but I will bring my own and then when we go back to get a fresh load of fresh green chiles, I will go down to Mexico and get me more Vanilla. We figure that we will try to make a trip down to the southern part of NM every couple of years to get more fresh green chiles. In fact, they are due in August and the whole county down here will smell like roasted green chiles. I love that smell. LOLOLOL

Today I am making fresh homemade sourdough bread. I keep my own sourdough in the frig an d make all of our own homemade bread. We used to own a bakery when we used to live in MO so long ago and I love to bake and cook. I hope there are some good bakeries in Springfield. I love trying new bakeries out. We used to sell my cheesecakes over the internet before it was the thing to do.
Oh woman... I would love to get my hands on you. No you dirty minded people.LOL She loves to cook just like I do and I want to learn how to make delicious bread and some of that sourdough stuff too. Would yah be willing to do cooking class? I would love to learn from you. Oh I was wondering do you know how to make Tamales and tortillas? I always wanted to know how to do this too. Just dreaming.

Kareybear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area