Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 AM

4 posts, read 26,740 times

Advertisements

Moving to the area this summer, we have checked out both towns and we are not partial to one or the other. Have taken a couple trips and drove through and checked out a few homes along the way. My question is regarding subdivisions, we are looking for a place with a little elbow room but would like to have a family friendly neighborhood, were there are kids around, my kids are both middle school age.
Any feedback on Ozark Heights or Riverfork Ranch in Nixa?? Any other input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 09:25 PM

86 posts, read 155,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwrecker View Post
Moving to the area this summer, we have checked out both towns and we are not partial to one or the other. Have taken a couple trips and drove through and checked out a few homes along the way. My question is regarding subdivisions, we are looking for a place with a little elbow room but would like to have a family friendly neighborhood, were there are kids around, my kids are both middle school age.
Any feedback on Ozark Heights or Riverfork Ranch in Nixa?? Any other input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I have friends that live in Riverfork and they love it.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Thank you for your reply ! Glad to hear your friend love it, that helps!!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 AM

57 posts, read 165,814 times
Both are good towns and have large schools. Ozark will probably have a little more to do since it seems to be growing a little faster than Nixa now. They are currently building a movie theater that they call the Nixa/Ozark Cinema, but it's basically in Ozark. Ozark has the county seat.

We love the River Fork area and have that is one of the area's that we might eventually end up. One thing that is great about River Fork is that you are in Stone County, so you pay the cheaper taxes, but your kids go to Nixa Schools.

I will say that the houses are hit and miss out there though. There are some wonderful homes, but are also some crap mixed in. Not being in the city you'll find a good mix of neighbors. One house we looked at had huge dogs next door which was a deal breaker for us and also the house stuck like animals. We've also seen some great homes as well.

River Fork also has access where the James and Finley Fork (hence the name) that is a perk for all resident. You pay $200 per year dues I'm told.

Some other areas in Nixa to look would be Shelvin Ridge, Pebble Creek, Kelby Creek, and Villages at Wicklow.

I can't give many suggestions in Ozark but Quail Creek Estates has some nice homes and land.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. We are Nixa residents, but spend a lot of time in both towns. You'll find regardless of which you live...you generally wind up in both at some point.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 PM

86 posts, read 155,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwrecker View Post
Thank you for your reply ! Glad to hear your friend love it, that helps!!
You are more than welcome! I hope you find your dream home....like I said, my friends are happy in River Fork, but I (personally) think that Ozark Heights is a nicer neighborhood than RF.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:02 PM

28 posts, read 63,771 times
I live in Ozark very near the Ozark Heights subdivisions and all five of our children are in Ozark Schools. We love it. The school system is incredible and the community has a tremendous amount of pride. You might also try Fremont Hills..it is situated on a golf course and has a community pool with clubhouse.

One of the negatives of living in Ozark is the lack of qualified and intelligent City management. It seems like the only decisions made are bad ones. Ozark is a town that grew too fast and the city leaders were not prepared to deal with the need for infrastructure or planning.

In Nixa, Bentwater is nice. I will say that Nixa has the edge over Ozark when it comes to dining and shopping. Also, the schools in Nixa seems to made huge academic strides in the last few years. All the above-mentioned neighborhoods are very family-oriented.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either community. We love Ozark, but Nixa has many positives as well.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM

To Cisman & Leprechaun731,
Thanks for your input All the info you offered is more than helpful, it seems pretty even up Ozark/Nixa, we like both areas and they seem to have enough to offer locally that you do not
always have to be in Springfield for shopping/dining etc. That is a big plus for any town.
On my last trip out driving around, we checked out the OC in Ozark lots of programs offered and the yearly $ seems relatively cheap compared to anything in the south chicagoland area, then again
what isn't cheaper than this area lol. Thanks all you are making my search much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area