Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:15 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times

Advertisements

My dh and I work until 9 pm during the week and once in a while we like to go out to dinner after work.

Personally, I do not like chain restaurants and would much prefer to go to one that was independently owned. The problem is, NONE of the restaurants that we usually go to serve dinner after 9 pm. So we are stuck going to Ruby Tuesday.

Mind you, as chain restaurants go, Ruby Tuesday is definitely one of the best. But it irritates me to no end that, other than bars that serve "bar food" late at night, I can't seem to find anyone else that serves food after 9 pm. (in Springfield).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 03:22 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,395,399 times
Village Inn still there? It's a chain but open all night, we used to go there late at night I think in the 70's it was the ONLY place open! Not sure about the Mexican Villa restaurants but you might call them and see.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Village Inn still there? It's a chain but open all night, we used to go there late at night I think in the 70's it was the ONLY place open! Not sure about the Mexican Villa restaurants but you might call them and see.
Well. Yeah. There are Waffle Houses too - and Georges and IHOP and stuff like that, but I was thinking more along the line of a "teensy" bit nicer. Someplace where you would take a date, for instance.

Mexican Villa is good for me but bad for dh as he is not a Mexican food fan. (I would gladly eat there 7 days a week if I could! yum)

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 PM

914 posts, read 2,205,866 times
I have long been fascinated by how early in the day we eat our evening meal here in the Ozarks. Restaurant parking lots start filling up at 4:30 pm, for heaven's sake, and if you want a quiet dinner go almost anywhere after 7:30 pm and you will have the place to yourself. In other parts of the world, or even in the US, there are restaurants that do not even open until 7:00 pm, and the busiest hours are from 8 to 10.

I know this does not answer your question, but it is an interesting sociological phenomenon.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrby View Post
I have long been fascinated by how early in the day we eat our evening meal here in the Ozarks. Restaurant parking lots start filling up at 4:30 pm, for heaven's sake, and if you want a quiet dinner go almost anywhere after 7:30 pm and you will have the place to yourself. In other parts of the world, or even in the US, there are restaurants that do not even open until 7:00 pm, and the busiest hours are from 8 to 10.

I know this does not answer your question, but it is an interesting sociological phenomenon.
I am told that having dinner in Mexico at 11 pm is not considered the least bit unusual.

20yrsinBranson

I posed this to my Facebook friends as well, and so far, I have gotten...

Crackerbarrel
Hooters
and Village Inn

as responses. I wonder what it is about "not chain restaurants" that people are not understanding. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 04-19-2011 at 08:19 PM..

Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
Good luck with that.
You would think with so many college students in Springfield, you would have lots of options. But folks around here do seem to prefer an early dinner.
Out in the boonies where I live, finding a restaurant open after lunchtime can be a challenge, in some parts.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:47 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Good luck with that.
You would think with so many college students in Springfield, you would have lots of options. But folks around here do seem to prefer an early dinner.
Out in the boonies where I live, finding a restaurant open after lunchtime can be a challenge, in some parts.
I've been wondering if it's a state law or something that says they all have to close at 2:00 p.m.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:05 AM

23 posts, read 52,806 times
In the month I have been here I have not been impressed by any restaurant food, other than Cielito Lindo. But you said no Mexican food, so I found this link Late Night Restaurants - Springfield | Urbanspoon with supposedly good late night restaurants. I can't vouge for any of them though lol.

We also like Hemingway's, in Bass Pro. They are open until 10pm M-Sat

I really don't get what's with Mexican Villa I guess if you like Velveeta
and canned meat.

If anyone knows of a real Chinese restaurant with some good chow mein, (celery,onion, and crispy noodles), I would love to know. All the places we have been have had a drive thru or a buffet and were'nt a real restaurant.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcuzHelives View Post
In the month I have been here I have not been impressed by any restaurant food, other than Cielito Lindo. But you said no Mexican food, so I found this link Late Night Restaurants - Springfield | Urbanspoon with supposedly good late night restaurants. I can't vouge for any of them though lol.

We also like Hemingway's, in Bass Pro. They are open until 10pm M-Sat

I really don't get what's with Mexican Villa I guess if you like Velveeta
and canned meat.

If anyone knows of a real Chinese restaurant with some good chow mein, (celery,onion, and crispy noodles), I would love to know. All the places we have been have had a drive thru or a buffet and were'nt a real restaurant.
I've heard that Old Chicago Pizza has the best Calzones in the world. I'll have to give it a try.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-18-2011, 08:12 PM

99 posts, read 231,617 times
There's a Ziggies open 24- hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area